PDA

View Full Version : Pirate League Parade

Urbss
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
We have a reservation for my 8 yr old son to do the Pirate League makeover in November. There is a "parade" at 4pm for those that went through the makeover (weather permitting).

I was wondering if any of you have ever done this and what the parade is like.

Thanks,
Tom

Strmchsr
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
It's just a little parade with Jack Sparrow and some of the pirates around the Adventureland area. Not a real big deal, but kind of fun. My son enjoyed it.

hedda
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I was looking at signing up my 6 and 3 year old sons for this Pirate makeover. They both LOVE pirates... It's a chunk of time out of the day, but I'm wondering if it would be a good break from the hustle & bustle.
This will be their first time at Disney World, and I haven't been for over 10 years, so our To Do list is pretty long! We are going in October. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Strmchsr
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

If your boys love pirates it's definitely worth it to do the Pirate's League. They get their own pirate name, have lots of great interaction, and will come out looking really cool. I would strongly suggest, though, that you buy/make your own pirate costume ahead of time as the ones in the park are pretty expensive and your little pirates will want to look fully dressed. Also, October can still be pretty hot, so be prepared to clean up the make up if it starts running too much. My son was fine last October, but it wasn't overwhelmingly hot that day.

hedda
06-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome and for the great information.

I tried to book the Pirate makeover w/no luck - the days I wanted were already completely booked. They suggested I try back closer to when we will be there in October, so that's what I will do!
Hedda

Strmchsr
06-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, with the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October, the Pirate's League is extremely popular. Lots of kids want to be made into a pirate for the party. Unless you're planning the same thing, your best bet for an opening will be on a non-party day. Hopefully you'll be able to get in!