PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Guide

RBrooksC
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Ok, We usually get the Unnofficial Guide before we go to WDW because we feel it is a fun way to plan and I like getting the small discount they give for their Line app. I thought that was a great help the last time we went to WDW.

However, for those who have read it, have you all wondered who in the world those people are they quote in the book? I am talking about the ones who children seem to be scared on everything or who make comments that "many parents were running to the exit with their scared little children."

I don't know about you, but I have never seen a parent exit a ride with their child and I know my children have never asked to exit something due to "being scared." I have to wonder sometimes if those quote are embellished by the writes or editors to make them seem much more extreme than they really are.

Kairi_7378
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
During my last trip I saw two children on seperate rides have to be taken off the ride due to being scared. (On ToT and RnRC, respectively.) My own son got freaked out in the cue for the Nemo ride in Epcot, and ran out. (It was his first trip and he was afraid of the dark line areas for a few rides.) One time, a little biy freaked out during Philharmagic and literally jumped into my lap. I have also had friends whose kids got really upset on Stitch's Great Escape.

It's really hard to predict what will frighten anyone though... my son LOVED Snow White's Scary Adventures, and I hear that a lot of kids didn't like it.

RBrooksC
06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I not really talking about issues like that. If you read the book, it is made to seem like there is a mass exodus on these rides. And those people cannot comprehend why Disney would even create an attraction like "that."

Kairi_7378
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, those stories :blush: I agree, some of them are silly.

I do believe some of them because I've found out that you can't please everyone. After my last trip, a coworker told me that she had sent a letter to Disney complaining about the antics at WCC (she'd asked for ketsup) and that she thought that Chip and Dale were horrid characters and should not be allowed in the parks. I can only imagine what kind of letters people send to WDW and the Unofficial Guide!

sportsguy2315
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
During my time at Disney, I knew someone who actually replied to guest complaint letters. One day this woman e-mailed about how dirty the Studios were and just went on a tirade about the park. After looking into the letter, my friend called the guest back and said ``Ma`mn, after looking your letter, I believe you`re talking about Universal Studios.`` The woman, who I imagine was quite :blush: at this point said ``Yeah, that`s it.`` The follow up question was ``Do you have any complaints about OUR Studios?``, to which the woman said no.

CuteAsMinnie
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM
When DD was 9ish, we took her to WDW for the third time. She had always loved HM and her "spook friends." When we were getting ready for MK one morning, she kept asking her little DB if he was scared to see the spooks (he was not). While in line, she said she had tickles in her tummy and we were like...yeah, HM is sooo cool. When the big doors opened and we were greeted by an awesome CM our DD just started SCREAMING!!! DH and I just looked at each other :confused: Daddy wisked his ill princess off to safety.