PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Makers

Through the looking Glass
06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I have heard rumors they are changing the coffee makers in the rooms to the pod types:ack:. We will be staying at THV next week. Should I bring my regular coffee grounds and filters?

VWL Mom
06-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I would. I know in November they had the ready packed coffee filters but it was still the regular size pot and I used my own. The hotels may be a different story because they have the smaller pots.

Ian
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
My Mom stayed at CBR a couple weeks ago and she had a pod-type in her room, but our villa at BWV still had the regular kind.

mgmnut
06-10-2012, 09:52 AM
We stayed at VWL last July and it was the regular coffee filter type, no pods.

Since the coffee maker type is not consistent I would call the resort in advance and ask what type the Tree House Villas currently have. We pre-ship a package to our resort with necessities we don't want to pack in our luggage, including coffee. I had no idea they even had the pod types. I will have to confirm this myself before our trip to OKW this Aug so we ship the correct type of coffee.

greengeen
06-10-2012, 11:40 AM
All DVC Villas still have regular coffee makers.

Disney Resort Hotels, on the other hand, have switched to Cuisinart pods (some say GF CL has Keurig). The Cuisinart unit makes one nasty tasting cup at a time; I'm hoping they won't pass the test and will be removed soon!!