PDA

View Full Version : Kennels and Cruise

waymickey
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Ok I don't know where to post this but was wondering if the kennels at Disney world take dogs for people going on a disney cruise? My guess is no ,but I could be wrong:blush:

mgmnut
06-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I would say yes you can,
From what I read on the web site for the Kennel you don't even have to be a Disney Guest to use their services, the local community is also welcome to use the Kennel. Although Disney Guests do get a discounted rate, but I would think that still applies to a cruise.

From the website:

"Will you board my pet even if I am not staying in one of the hotels on the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort property?
Yes. Best Friends Pet Resort welcomes all pets, regardless of where the family is staying. Residents of the local community are also welcome to use our services. We do offer special discounts for Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort guests. Please see the Rates page for details"

brownie
06-10-2012, 04:11 PM
At one time, you could only leave your pet during the day but it looks like you can now board overnight, too. You can find more information here: Walt Disney World Pet Care Kennels (http://intercot.com/infocentral/pets/default.asp).

DisneyDog
06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
You may want to check on that, because in the past, the owner was responsible for taking care of the dog. You still had to show up to walk him/feed him. The kennel was just a place for the dog to "hang out" so-to-speak.

brownie
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
You may want to check on that, because in the past, the owner was responsible for taking care of the dog. You still had to show up to walk him/feed him. The kennel was just a place for the dog to "hang out" so-to-speak.

It looks like that has changed since they outsourced the running of the kennels. They didn't allow overnights in the past but now boarding is an option.

MissMaryPoppins
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
We used the kennel last summer during my brother's wedding weekend and they took care of everything for our dogs. They were fed, had playtime with other dogs, and their own room. I felt guilty for not having time that weekend to go visit them but they were very well taken care of. We needed to show they were healthy and up to date on their vaccinations. The kennel asks that you pack their food and treats and give them written instructions on you feed your dog and when you give them treats. We also packed them a blanket from home to sleep with.

DisneyDog
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Wow. We could have used that when we lived in Florida. We would board the dogs near home and drive the 3 hours to WDW. Sometimes, if we could afford it, we would stay at "that other resort" so we could have the dogs stay in the room with us.