PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan

homeschool mom
06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I read the FAQ's on the DP, but I didn't see my question there. If we have the Quick Service DP, can we exchange 2 CS meals for a sit down option? I think I read somewhere that you can, but I'm not sure.

Imalismom
06-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Dave Marx is the co-author of PassPorter Walt Disney World and he actually answered this question in his book. You can you order the book through Intercot, and I highly recommend it.

Here is what he had to say:

Question: Can I exchange two counter service (CS) credits for one table service (TS) credit? If not now, do you think Disney will allow this one day?
I think it's incredibly unlikely that Disney policy would permit two CS credits to be exchanged for one TS credit. While folks may hope they get lucky, please don't plan your vacation around it. It's basic arithmetic. The meal cost averages we list for each restaurant in PassPorter Walt Disney World show the typical counter service meal as costing in the $11 - $13 dollar range (same as a CS credit - entree, dessert, soft drink, tax). The typical full service dinner is far more than double that, especially because you have to factor-in something that's not present in CS - the 18% gratuity. Again, our full-service average dinner price calculation is identical to the meal plan - appetizer, entree, dessert, soft drink, tax and 18% tip. You can get a meal worth $45 or more for a single TS credit - four times the value of a single CS credit. Yes, there are some TS meals that are worth far less than $45 (which is why it's often wise to use cash to pay for your typical character breakfast). However, our lunch today at Le Cellier was valued at over $46/person on Disney's print-out (we're "experimenting" with the Dining Plan on this research trip). Overall, if guests could trade in two CS credits for lunch or dinner at Le Cellier, it would be a hotter reservation than Cindy's, don'tcha think?

I purchase his book though this link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html

Pirate Granny
06-09-2012, 10:53 AM
No, that is not allowed. Sometimes they will let you exchange a table service for a counter service (cheaper meal)...but not the other way around...you'll have to pay out of pocket.:(

mommy2maddi
06-23-2012, 12:49 AM
No, that is not allowed. Sometimes they will let you exchange a table service for a counter service (cheaper meal)...but not the other way around...you'll have to pay out of pocket.:(

We did use a TS for a counter service in 2010 but they won't allow the other way around.

disneynarula
06-23-2012, 03:31 AM
I have head about doing it the other way around but not 2 QS for 1TS.

We went during free dining in 2005 and it was really crowded and they were letting people exchange 1TS for 2CS but that was because all the TS were booked up.