PDA

View Full Version : Recent Boma Experiences?

Kairi_7378
06-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Thought I had the ADR's straightened out, but here I go again. Can anyone give any recent experiences for Boma? Is it hectic? I have never done a Disney buffet before.

We are a family of 3 with adventurous tastes. (DS3 eats Indian food.)

musicteacher
06-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Our family of 4 LOVES Boma and it's a MUST for every Disney trip.

Betsy

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
We enjoyed Boma too! A good mix of different food and spices, but some of the old favourites too.

DH says "the zebra domes were the best"!

Alpha Jeanie
06-08-2012, 10:54 PM
We were just there 4 days ago. It was our third time to eat there, with one previous time for dinner and one time for breakfast. The food is good and something different to eat from the "normal" dinner menu's that you find at Disney. We are not buffet people, but this is the only buffet restaurant at Disney World that we will go to. I have a very picky DD9, and she always finds things that she likes on the buffet line here. My DH & DS15 loved everything. My favorite items were the coconut rice and stewed tomatoes. My son loved the lamb curry and coconut rice & my hubby said that the prime rib was excellent. We also loved the pita chips and different types of hummus. They have 3-4 soups and the 2 we tried were great (gumbo & bean soup). The kids always love going outside after dinner and seeing the safari animals. Try the Jamba juice. The service was great and it was not too crowded. We were there on Monday, June 4th at 7:10 pm.

Kenny1113
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Another love for Boma here!!!! :heart:
It is my favorite and we try to go almost every trip. I have seen the waiting area get very packed. However once inside the buffet table does not feel hectic. They are on top of replenishing food items and the lines have never been long for us. Enjoy!

chefmickey3
06-09-2012, 10:59 AM
This is one of our favorites! My picky DH who is 10 names this as his favorite restaurant. I love the pitas and hummus as well and love the fact that I can introduce foods that we don't normally eat. This is a must do for us as well although we have skipped it some years because we were too tired to make the trek to AKL. Watching the animals after dinner is a definite plus. We have not found it hectic or crowded once you are seated. Pretty relaxing actually.

crltkcagle
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
We were also just there four days ago. I don't like it but I don't like the food there. Everyone else loved it! They raved about how good the food was. Its not hectic at all. Of course IMO the zebra domes are the best part of the meal. :mickey:

Tri Minnie
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Boma is the one restaurant that seems to always be on our must do list. We have done it for both breakfast and dinner and have always enjoyed our meals. Although I am not a meat eater, I have always found plenty to enjoy. The soups are delicious and the desserts are fantastic. We also really enjoyed the chocolate croissants at breakfast. My almost four year old has requested that we eat here on our next trip, as it is her favorite :)

We often try to get one of the last breakfast seatings or first dinner reservations. We too have found the lobby area a bit busy, but the buffet area never seems too hectic.

ThanxForNoticin
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
We love the food at Boma (we do dinner far more than breakfast), and we never think of dining there as hectic. It is one of our top 10 favorite restaurants to do anywhere. The food is unique and delicious, and we've always had very good service. If you get the chance, I'd recommend you finally give it a try!

#1donaldfan
06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Boma is incredible !!! 30 days to our BOMA RESSIES !!!! I can't wait !!:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Boma is our absolute favorite restaurant at Disney. We just can't find the "African inspired" food anywhere else, even back home in a very good restaurant city. You can go at your own pace, even if others walk faster than you. If you like fish, you may want to go on a Friday. As I understand the menu rotation, they have better fish soup and chowder selection on Fridays. There are a couple of authentic African dishes, but they let the chefs use African spices to make dishes that appeal to the Disney guests.
And save room for dessert.

#1donaldfan
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
The Wednesday rotation is our favorite !! RIBS !!!! :mickey:

EJS-Houston
06-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Another big Boma fan here. I never miss it when I go to DisneyWorld! Highly recommended!

Kairi_7378
06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reviews, all. I am torn how to use our last dining credit for this trip- One idea was to eat at the GF Cafe to get a chance to see the GF. The other idea was to eat at Boma because we always say we are going to and then don't. (We'll also be eating at Sanaa this trip, so we'd be seeing AKL.) GF Cafe gets good reviews but the menu looks a little tame to me.

PlutoPlanet
06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
We like the GF Cafe, but it is a lot like back home. We tried Sanaa and still prefer Boma by far.

cer
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
OK. We are not fans. The food just doesn't appeal to us. Many on here love it.

However, as far as the restaurant/buffet atmosphere goes...It is the best buffet we have tried. Wonderful setting, I did not feel like it was a 'mad house'.

If you like the food, you should be very happy here. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Boma receives another vote of AWESOME from me... I don't know if I would call it hectic in there or not... I place Boma as one of the places I now have to try to eat at, if I eat on property...

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 09:39 AM
We love Boma. It is the only buffet on property where we will eat.