PDA

View Full Version : Thank You for Trip Ideas?

2disneyfans
06-08-2012, 05:13 AM
My parents are taking 9 of us to Disney-4 adults, and 5 grandkids for my Mom's dream trip of taking everyone to Disney.:cloud9:

How do we begin to say thank you?

Any ideas of something special to do while in Disney?

We already have our meals booked for each day, so I wasn't really thinking of adding any extra meals.

faline
06-08-2012, 06:50 AM
A fireworks cruise?

A gift basket to the room?

stephicakes
06-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Have your parents seen Cirque du Soleil yet in DTD? We treated my folks to that one year and they loved it!

ginger19
06-08-2012, 06:58 AM
You are very lucky to have her!!! I think the fireworks cruise sounds like the perfect idea :cloud9:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-08-2012, 07:02 AM
I would get tickets for just the two of them to Cirque du Soliel. My parents did that on the trip that where there were all 14 of us - they left the 12 of us to our own devices for the evening and they had a great time strolling DTD and seeing La Nouba. So much so, that when hubby and I planned our 20th anniversary trip without our children - we did Cirque.

tinksmom02
06-08-2012, 07:19 AM
I was thinking more about after the trip--getting a family portrait done (or even Photopass pics) and having that framed, or creating a photo book of memories--you could do it digitally and have everyone add their own thoughts about the trip...

But I like the idea of the fireworks cruise!!

Pirate Granny
06-08-2012, 07:59 AM
You can book a photo shoot of the group...I think there are several resorts, AKL, BCV, WL, GF it's a 20 minute shoot. We did the expensive shoot for one hour, and we had it taken in france in EPCOT before that park opened, so no other people to deal with. The hour shoots they will do in the parks. We got the disk and printed our own pix.

OR the MK dessert buffet, but I agree with the firework cruise. I think u would be ok with 9. Call WDWPLAY to see if there are any boats available...it's more popular than you would think.

Could see if they would do a private hay ride at Camp Wikderness, before or after the campfire movies. Or carriage ride if just the two of them.

wdwfansince75
06-08-2012, 08:47 AM
DW and I have been able to do this several times for most or all of our four kids, kids-in-law, and grandkids. I thought back through the things the kids did for us on those trips. Scrap books, photo albums, and single family framed photos are great momentos, and well appreciated. And on most trips, they got together to purchase some special gift for each of us. One of my favorites was the Mickey pilot wrist watch. We have Disney momentos throughout the house. I have a complete monorail, with Contemporary, and several favorite rides, including the Haunted Mansion. Actually have set them up on one of my train displays a few times. Out of scale for HO, but I also have an O gauge table from time to time.

But the best gift is seeing our kids with their families, truly enjoying themselves. Character Meals are one of those special moments. We have done one or more each trip. We haven't done the cruise...too close to the end of the day for the youngest, and too much time away from the parks for the older ones...including me.

minnie04
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
you could do it digitally and have everyone add their own thoughts about the trip...

But I like the idea of the fireworks cruise!!

I love this idea!! I would do a video of the trip, but every once in a while in the video. I would insert a Thank you from each person in the family to your mom & dad for taking you. I think it would be cool for them to watch this and have each person add their special "thanks". Maybe at the end a group thank you as well. They would never see it coming. You would have to grab each person throughout the trip at fun moments and have them tape their message.. I would love that if my family did that.

Whatever you choose I’m sure your parents will love it!!! :mickey:

Wolf
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
It might not be up to the extreme level you might be interested in but Terrisue from Magical Journeys fixed me up with a florist that services WDW and does WDW themed arrangements and I had them sent to our room to suprise my Mom one year for her birthday. They were stunning and not too expensive at all. I hope you have an amazing trip!!!

brownie
06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Getting something delivered to the room from the Walt Disney World Florist and booking a character meal would be a couple of things I'd consider.

LVT
07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
With planning maybe each guest could do a ride alone with the host/hostess. I would consider it a gift if my sons went on "small world" with me.

DizNee143
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
My parents have DVC and always let me and my sister use it..and we have gone on quite a few trips together..we usually send my parents a basket from Disney Florist for there first day there..and then usually do something after the trip..
You can make them a real nice photo album on snapfish or a website like that..get them a gift card to there favorite restaurant at home.
Or just a card telling them how truely thankful you were for the wonderful trip!
This last family trip we all took together was in May and it was the first one with grandchildren..my daughter and my sisters son..we had "them" send my parents a thank you basket..:mickey:
Hope you all have a wonderful vacation!!