PDA

View Full Version : Driving or Flying?

Imalismom
06-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, I got my plane ticket today.... Was wondering who is flying down and who is driving?

mgmnut
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Flying..... JetBlue. Never braved the drive down before.

disneymom15
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
We're also flying. We have to drive to Milwaukee then connect with Airtran. Fares from our regional airport were really high.

brownie
06-08-2012, 11:43 AM
We're flying, compliments of all my bride's travels to Thailand for work (those frequent flyer miles add up quick!)

dlpmikki
06-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Unless I get James Bond's underwater car I am flying! :D

Imalismom
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
We're flying, compliments of all my bride's travels to Thailand for work (those frequent flyer miles add up quick!)

We use DH frequent flyer miles for DD to go back and forth from college (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring break) - but United throws in these regional and global upgrades to DH all the time on his account, so I at least got to upgrade to First class for free :joy:

barnaby
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Driving
Happy to see the prices at the pump dip, as oil drops. Hope the the trend continues. Go $!!

NJGIRL
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Flying.....we got our tickets for $190 apiece from Philly!

Katzateer
06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Flying out of Philly the Wednesday before:party:

Mousefever
06-10-2012, 01:42 AM
I am flying from Denver on SW. When I bought the ticket it was $455!! Gasp! Thanks to Ding!, however, it has gone down to $280. That's better!

Amy

Dopey's Girl
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Flying. Bought my flight down on 10/25 (still don't know when I'm coming home) last week. Flying the dreaded Delta:sick: They had a sale, so I went for it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-10-2012, 08:48 PM
We're autotrain(ing) :train: it!

So, a drive to Lorton, then the train to our happy place. :mickey: So much better than driving the whole way from Toronto! :drive:

hoop de do
06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
:plane:

Renfairwedding
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Our family policy is leave nothing we own behind. I find with my ECV and the convenience of having a vehicle available worth the 18 hours on the road. Plus this year with four of us airfare lost out to the cost of driving.

We leave PA at 7pm and arrive the next afternoon in the Disney area. Find a cheap room sleep off the drive and enjoy the time until check in at POP.

I pop the van into cruise control and with our video on demand… “Put in a DVD” it helps pass the time.

OK maybe I have to watch the road but I have listened to many movies on the trips.

To us the drive is part of the adventure and how could we miss stopping at South of The Border. We would not want to get Pedro angry.

TikiGoddess
06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm flying! Applied and received the Southwest credit card, complete with 50,000 miles on it. So I used about 17,000 of them and basically paid $74 to fly roundtrip. (One of the main selling points to my husband -- 'but honey it won't cost much')

Now to see how I might use the rest of the points.... my AP is burning a hole in my pocket... :secret:

Kathy

TiggeRia
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
We'll be flying but I'm hoping airfare gets a bit better. It's better today than it was a few weeks ago, so hopefully the trend continues. Hoping to leave late Wednesday night out of Philly, but only if getting off of work comes through!

NJGIRL
06-13-2012, 12:50 AM
We'll be flying but I'm hoping airfare gets a bit better. It's better today than it was a few weeks ago, so hopefully the trend continues. Hoping to leave late Wednesday night out of Philly, but only if getting off of work comes through!

We may be on the same plane. Our round trip were $190 a piece. US Air at 8:30.

Ed
06-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Driving. :car:

We'll probably only have to make three or four rest stops along the way. That whopping 22 mile drive is a killer! :D

BrerGnat
06-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Is teleportation an option yet? :unsure:

I'm still not even sure if I'm going, but this would be my best option at this point. :D

Ed
06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Is teleportation an option yet? :unsure:

I'm still not even sure if I'm going, but this would be my best option at this point. :D

Teleporting has been available here at Intercot for quite a while. :teleport:

Southwest is running a sale with some pretty good fares, but they must be booked by tomorrow, June 14th. Might be worth checking out.

BrerGnat
06-13-2012, 09:06 AM

Southwest is running a sale with some pretty good fares, but they must be booked by tomorrow, June 14th. Might be worth checking out.

Yeah, not so much. Traveling 90 min to BWI in Washington area traffic on a weekday isn't exactly my idea of fun. No direct flights on SW from Dulles or Reagan. I'd have to use another carrier, and those prices are up there at this point.

Ed
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Natalie - What about Richmond? SW flies to/from there, too.

BrerGnat
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Natalie - What about Richmond? SW flies to/from there, too.

Hmm..just looked into that. It's even further than BWI!

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If we didn't have that darn trip to California planned for November, I'd definitely be in. But, the Mouse on the other coast is calling my name, and we have a wedding to attend (thus, the reason for the trip over there in the first place). There's only so much money to go around. :( I'll have to hope for a really good sale fare and the continuation of the Armed Forces salute if I stand any chance at making it for ICOT 15.

AgentC
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM

We'll probably only have to make three or four rest stops along the way. That whopping 22 mile drive is a killer! :D

:funny:

Buttercup
06-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I wonder if Spinlock was the one to install teleportation on Intercot. You can seize the future with XS, just like cute little Skippy ya' know... :mickey: :thumbsup:

Normally we drive, but since we're only coming for the weekend, we'll be flying this time.

Mousefever
06-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm flying! Applied and received the Southwest credit card, complete with 50,000 miles on it. So I used about 17,000 of them and basically paid $74 to fly roundtrip. (One of the main selling points to my husband -- 'but honey it won't cost much')

Now to see how I might use the rest of the points.... my AP is burning a hole in my pocket... :secret:

Kathy

I don't know...how about taking your roommate to the spa at the Grand Flo! :mickey:

Amy

disneymom15
06-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Sure rub it in why don't you!!

BriarRose0708
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Aaaaahhhhhh! Just booked my flight! Arriving Tuesday evening and leaving Monday afternoon. Can't wait! :mickey: