PDA

View Full Version : VIP Tour

MizMissy
06-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Has anyone heard of/participated in VIP Tours? There is a section for it on WDW site (looks pricey, at least for my pocketbook, and I'm not sure how many in your group are covered by the hourly rate). Do you really get "front of the line" access on any FP attraction?
A friend and his family have signed up for it on their next trip. As much as I've been on this board and thought I knew the ins and outs of Disney, I had never heard of it (except assuming there was some kind of VIP for "celebrities").
Just curious.

RBrooksC
06-07-2012, 09:02 AM
It looks VERY expensive. It was something like $125 per hour with a six hour minimum.

That doesn't count in park admission. Maybe somebody thinks that is worth it, but I would rather spend my $$ on something else.

I was watching a Disney video the other night and they should a couple who says they "get a VIP tour guide each trip." They "cannot imagine visiting the MK without one."

Boy, I wish I had money to just throw around like that.

MizMissy
06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
The WDW website quotes $175-$315 per hour. WOW. And, it is all day. (I think my friend has two days booked) Double WOW.

Dulcee
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
It looks VERY expensive. It was something like $125 per hour with a six hour minimum.

That doesn't count in park admission. Maybe somebody thinks that is worth it, but I would rather spend my $$ on something else.

I was watching a Disney video the other night and they should a couple who says they "get a VIP tour guide each trip." They "cannot imagine visiting the MK without one."

Boy, I wish I had money to just throw around like that.

I just saw that too! And all I could think was, would I really want someone I didn't know hanging out with us all day on vacation?? Seemed odd to me.

RBrooksC
06-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Well, I doubt it would be like "hanging" around with them and there would be some nice perks with it. There would have to be with the cost of it.

But I don't think I would want to spend my visit to the MK with a tour guide. I don't know. I think it wouldn't seem like a vacation then.

Then again, maybe I am just cheap...

Strmchsr
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't ever be able to pay for it, but during one of my teaching trips to WDW they were nice enough to do it for my family. You learn a lot about WDW, for sure. It's a cool experience. You don't do front of the line for every attraction, but you do get to do it for some. I think they took my family front of the line on HM, Splash, Peter Pan, and BTMRR. Basically brought them in the exit. My wife and kids enjoyed the VIP treatment, but in no way would I have that kind of money to pay for it (nor do I really think it's worth that much money).

dnickels
06-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I've seen people on these tours from time to time. You see their group coming in through an exit or side door with a Disney guide and getting right on the ride. Never anyone that I've recognized but if they've got the money, why not.

Too pricey for me, but keep in mind that when it comes to being rich or being able to throw money around it's all relative. Believe it or not, simply being able to afford to go to Disney at all puts us pretty high on the 'wealth' distribution curve for the 7 billion people on this planet.