PDA

View Full Version : Yeah - Got my ADR's booked for Nov/Dec trip!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
After getting the free dining Pin Code email, it basically locked in our dates for an upcoming trip and last week we just hit our 180 day window, so this is the earliest I've ever been able to make ADRs (usually end up doing it between 30-60 day window). So it was nice to not only get what we wanted, but maybe more importantly getting times that are better suited for DD's ages 5-7-10 (it will be nice not getting seated at Ohana at 9:00pm with cranky kids).

Here's what I got:

Ohana
50's Prime Time
Tony's Town Square
Whispering Canyon
Boma
Chef Mickey's
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Mama Melrose

I'm not committed to all of them. Tony's and Chef Mickey's are sort of place holders as is maybe Akershus. What's in play is that we want to do a Candlelight Processional dinner package, so not knowing what we can get and what night will determine which one of these gets bumped out. Thinking Garden Grill might be our choice as we've never done it and it has the characters. The other wild card is the new restaurant in the Fantasyland expansion. I think if it opens as scheduled that we will try get in there too (probably in place of Tony's) but no ADRs are available yet for it.

One of the big changes this year is that we are trying to save money by not doing the park hopper and instead using that money to get a rental car once we get to our resort. So I'm trying to get several ADRs at locations outside of parks to give us more flexibility as to what parks we can do on that given day.

Nice to actually have things locked in for a change. Our last trip in 2010 I eventually got most of what I wanted (except 1900 Park Fare) but usually had to settle for late seating times, which at the time with 3-5-8 year olds didn't always go over well.

natstroop
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Wasn't it fun? I did mine Sunday. It was so exciting. The first time we did DDP was in 2010 and I didn't know about the 180 days thing, so I pretty much had to book whatever was available. This time around, I researched all the restaurants and got the ones I wanted.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Wasn't it fun? I did mine Sunday. It was so exciting. The first time we did DDP was in 2010 and I didn't know about the 180 days thing, so I pretty much had to book whatever was available. This time around, I researched all the restaurants and got the ones I wanted.

2010 was also our last visit and 2nd time on the DDP. We knew about the 180 days but didn't really even think about the trip until free dining was offered and we ended up booking around September for end of November, so we were already more than half way into the booking window, and it showed.

I really felt bad for one gentleman I saw. We were at POR and I was at the lobby doing some errand and I overhead a man, on the DDP, trying to make reservations thru the hotel. He had no idea you could make ADRs and considering he too was there during a free dining period was getting extremely frustrated by the lack of reservable availabilities.

ADR's definitely a must, and nice for a change to do them at the 180 mark.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
They look pretty good to me...if I were to dump one it would be Tony's

Gator
06-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I got my ressies, too! Sounds like we'll be there about the same time. And since we're sharing, here's what I got:

Fantsmic! Package@ Hollywood&Vine
Crystal Palace
Rose&Crown
Chefs de France
Chef Mickey's Dinner (family fav)
Tony's Town Square
Sci-Fi Diner
Akershus
Teppen Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern

I'm with you, hoping to land an ADR at the new MK place, but that won't be until probably November. And there's 5 or 6 Epcot places that you can't get into yet. But I've got everything lined up as if I'm not getting the other ones I want.

Who knows? Maybe we'll run into each other.

natstroop
06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
We are going Nov 30-Dec 9th. I wanted to make an ADR for a Fantasmic Package (H&V), but it would not let me for December 4th. All of Dec was blocked out. I just got an ADR for H&V anyway, but was curious why Dec was blocked for the package. If they add Dec for the package, at least I'll have an ADR already and hopefully I can change it.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
And there's 5 or 6 Epcot places that you can't get into yet. But I've got everything lined up as if I'm not getting the other ones I want.

Who knows? Maybe we'll run into each other.

Another site I was looking at said there were 4 EPCOT restaurants currently blacked out due to CP: LeCellier, Garden Grill, Coral Reef and Rose and Crown. I don't know if this is accurate or not or if its the full list, but I tried to get into the first three with no luck, so it seem accurate. Although you do list R&C as one of your ADRs so maybe its not totally accurate.

I'll be looking for a man in a Fedora and I'll be the one chasing 3 girls around and looking for a lot of help from :beer: and :marg: