PDA

View Full Version : Iphone App: WDW maps

Bruegge
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Has anyone used this in the park? It was free. So I downloaded it.

Currently at 2:43 pm mickey time it's showing a 110 min wait for soarin, test track is closed, and 50/30 min for mission space.

I wonder how accruate this is and if anyone has feedback

Scott

Polynesian Dweller
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Is this the app by Versaedge? If so I've used it a few times and it's quite accurate. Right now it's showing figures very similar to the others I have including mobile magic.

Bruegge
06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes, that the one... it has a 4+star rating on 1007 reviews.... Soarin shows 120 min wait time now.

Listed on app store as "Disney World Maps Free"
a $2.99 version is available that shows reataurants and menus...

Let me know if anyone else uses this or another program

Scott

spoiledraf
06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Just got off the phone with my daughter and she just downloaded an app as well. Even tells where the character meets currently are.

scooterca42
06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Just wondering if anyone's found an app like this for the Playbook? (Not to start a RIM/Apple spat here, I just chose Playbook because it made sense for me.)

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Yes, that the one... it has a 4+star rating on 1007 reviews.... Soarin shows 120 min wait time now.

Listed on app store as "Disney World Maps Free"
a $2.99 version is available that shows reataurants and menus...

Let me know if anyone else uses this or another program

Scott

The free one does that too. To get the full menu you have to either get their dining app, $1.99,or their fully integrated app, Disney World Magic,at $4.99. I'd do that instead of buying individual apps.

However, their free APs do the same thing, just with ads and only the dining app doesn't have a free version. I find them all useful and they are among the best Disney apps available.

SBETigg
06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
We've used several and found the ones that go on guest reporting to be less than accurate. Not even close sometimes. Queues can change that quickly, and some people, I suspect, issue false reports in order to boost their own agenda, like keeping people away from a ride by saying the wait time is extra long. I'm sure it's more the fact that queues are constantly changing. It can give you a ball park idea, and good for knowing when FPs are running out. But otherwise, we've learned to check the attraction times ourselves anyway and have often been surprised to learn lines were shorter than expected.

DisneyGiant
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I had three apps on my iphone this past March -

TouringPlans
Phunware
Disney Parks
The only one that was accurate in the wait times was the Disney Parks one. The others were way off.

I was disappointed, because often times we play a game at home "Guess the Wait Times" when we are nostalgic for WDW. And the Disney Parks one won't give you wait times unless you are in the actual park itself. Not even from the resort. And here we thought our guesses were accurate - but nope, not even close!

I don't usually have a need for maps, as I know where everything is - but i found the restaurant finder helpful too - as I went down with no ADRs - and it directed me to restaurants that had availabilty.

Have fun!!!