PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass dilemma--it had to happen to me, of course!

MNNHFLTX
06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I was one of those people who wondered how the recent enforcement of the Fastpass window would affect touring the parks. And wouldn't you know, a scenario that I mentioned happened to my son and I last week! We went into DHS for Extra Magic Hours and straight to Toy Story Mania, only to find that it was down. So we got in the Fastpass line but by the time we got up to the machine the return time almost exactly coincided with our ADR time at Sci-Fi Diner (Fastpass return time 1245, ADR for 1255). So we had to think fast--do we take the Fastpass and try to hit the ride up first and hope that our ADR will be honored when we are done? Or do we try to check in a bit early for our ADR and still make the Fast pass return time? Or should we wait around and go through the Fastpass distribution line again and get a later time (not a thrilling idea since we had planned to head over to Magic Kingdom right after our lunch at Sci-Fi). We opted to talk the Fastpass and try and check in early for lunch. In actuality we got seated 15 minutes late even as dozens of walk-ups were being told that there was an 1 to 1-1/2 hour wait. We told our server that we were kind of in a rush and she was able to get us out of there in time to make the 15 minutes' grace time at TSMM, but it made for a rather hectic hour. If the ride had not been down to begin with we probably would have just forgone the Fastpass and gotten in the standby line. But the Fastpass was our only opportunity to go on the ride this trip.

I do not want to start a debate over the Fastpass window enforcement. I just found it ironic that the exact scenario I mentioned on the boards would happen to my son and I. :shrug:

faline
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I do understand. On our trip last month, there were a few times when I needed to do some quick calculations in my mind to determine if we could both manage our dining reservation as well as the fast pass return time. Fortunately, we didn't run into something as tight as you did.

dyin tago
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
wow!

so glad to hear that disney is finally enforcing the rules for fastpasses.

we have been to cedar point,king`s Island,universal and many other theme parks and after waiting in a huge line rides have broken down just before our turn.

same scenario,we can`t return later and cut in line if we choose not to remain in line for who knows how long.

I`m sure in the past many others have returned at their fastpass window and had a big line due to people returning far outside their time on the pass.

Ian
06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Same thing happened to us with Space Mountain on our last day in the parks last week.

We got FP's for Space Mountain and the window was from 11:10 to 12:10. Problem. We had an ADR at Crystal Palace at 11:15!

We ended up ordering food and then dashing across Tomorrowland, getting our ride on Space Mountain, and then dashing back again.

Annoying and unnecessary, but I guess this is the "fun and magic" that NextGen is bringing us! :ack:

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Well, life is not about endless choice. Decisions have to be made. Most people make dining reservations at 180 days out from their trip. I would give the fastpasses to someone else and try again later rather than miss Le Cellier! One can always stand on line for Soarin', but one cannot stand on line for the filet of beef!

j2k
06-04-2012, 11:13 PM
This is the main reason why I only have 1 ADR planned. All other dining will be spontaneous and will not interfere with FP times. I'm not heading to DW to enjoy the different cuisines available because I live among some of the greatest food choices on earth.

stephicakes
06-05-2012, 07:14 AM
This is the main reason why I only have 1 ADR planned. All other dining will be spontaneous and will not interfere with FP times. I'm not heading to DW to enjoy the different cuisines available because I live among some of the greatest food choices on earth.

Agreed! :thumbsup: No ADRs for us. We have enough schedules at home. I am there for the rides & entertainment, not food. Thinking of scheduling FP times ahead of our trip already gives me a headache.

But I TOTALLY understand the frustration of those with ADRs. That kind of rushing around can be frazzling to anyone! :mad: Sorry you had to hurry through your meal!

A Big Kid
06-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Disney's OFFICIAL policy is that ADR's are honored 1/2 hour after the scheduled time. My experience is that they are a little more lenient than that.

Other options you might try:

Show up to the fast pass entry 10 minutes early and show your ADR conformation number to the FP CM and ask to go in a few minutes earlier.

Call Disney Dining or go to the host at the restaurant and explain that you might be a little late to your ADR.

Go to the FP machine and see if anyone wants t trade their later FP for your earlier FP.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, life is not about endless choice.

<snipped myself>... since the OP didn't want to start another argument.

MickeysBestPal
06-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Some reports of the 15 min. Grace Period (which is actually printed on the FP) is not consistently honored.

Aurora
06-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Go to the FP machine and see if anyone wants t trade their later FP for your earlier FP.

That's a great idea! Never thought of that. :mickey:

ChipNDale79
06-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Our trip next trip is 550 days away, guess I should start marking the times of day i have to go to the bathroom, so that i can make my restroom reservation when its time.

Gotta love the way a Disney "vacation" is headed....

MNNHFLTX
06-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Agreed! :thumbsup: No ADRs for us. We have enough schedules at home. I am there for the rides & entertainment, not food.
We only had three ADR's for our trip, those at restaurants we really wanted to eat at, for one reason or another. I agree that it would be nice not to have to schedule any, but I do think there are times when walk-ups are difficult (like the poor people at Sci-Fi that were being told it it would be a 1+ hour wait!) Lunches are probably worse than dinner. If I had to do it over again, I would just use my iPhone app to see what restaurants have availability at the beginning of the day and book it then.

faline
06-05-2012, 11:05 AM
If I had to do it over again, I would just use my iPhone app to see what restaurants have availability at the beginning of the day and book it then.

This is exactly what we did on our last trip for most of our dining reservations. We did a couple of lunch walk-ups which were successful - including Sci Fi Dine In and Rose n Crown.

MNNHFLTX
06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I`m sure in the past many others have returned at their fastpass window and had a big line due to people returning far outside their time on the pass.Actually, we encountered a couple of times when the Fastpass return line was almost as long as the standby line on this trip--once at Space Mountain in the evening (about 6:50 p.m.) and once at Mission Space. Both times it really wasn't apparent until you got inside the building. Very strange.

Disney Doll
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I still don't see that it's really as big of a deal as some try to make it seem. You are in the parks for a limited amount of time. Isn't the #1 newbie tip on this board always, don't try to see it all because it ain't gonna happen? So you have to prioritize and make choices. To me it seems perfectly reasonable.

We're among the many others who don't like to be tied to ADRs because of the loss of flexibility. I schedule a couple and then wing it. There are many popular restaurants that I may never get into, but my experience with Disney dining so far has taught me that there really isn't any meal truly special enough to warrant the 180 scheduling. So I miss a few popular restaurants; at least I'm stress free and enjoying my vacation. :thumbsup:

ransam
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
i think dining is a huge part of the trip. gotta have some time to relax and get some energy.

personally i am glad that they are enforcing the time on fast pass. if you go in a time later than your time, isn't that the same as cutting in line?

Ian
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Actually, we encountered a couple of times when the Fastpass return line was almost as long as the standby line on this trip--once at Space Mountain in the evening (about 6:50 p.m.) and once at Mission Space. Both times it really wasn't apparent until you got inside the building. Very strange.Yeah I have to say that I saw absolutely zero reduction in FP wait times because of the enforcement of the one hour window.

If that's what it was intended to do it failed. Epicly. The FP lines in Space Mountain, Buzz, TSM, and Soarin' (the only attractions we used FP for) were all just as long as they always were.

Urbss
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Our trip next trip is 550 days away, guess I should start marking the times of day i have to go to the bathroom, so that i can make my restroom reservation when its time.

Gotta love the way a Disney "vacation" is headed....

:thumbsup:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-05-2012, 08:42 PM
i might be late on the uptake... what happens when you go back for your FP time and the ride is down? Are you just out of luck?

MNNHFLTX
06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
i might be late on the uptake... what happens when you go back for your FP time and the ride is down? Are you just out of luck?I would think that they would make an exception, but cast members can be very vague. In our situation I asked a CM if they would be very rigid about FP return times, given that the ride was down at opening. She stated it would depend on how long the ride would be down. So I guess the answer is--who knows?

ThanxForNoticin
06-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah I have to say that I saw absolutely zero reduction in FP wait times because of the enforcement of the one hour window.

If that's what it was intended to do it failed. Epicly. The FP lines in Space Mountain, Buzz, TSM, and Soarin' (the only attractions we used FP for) were all just as long as they always were.

I don't think you can just generally say the enforcement of this policy isn't affecting the FP lines - unless you're standing there monitoring the lines all day. I also don't think the intent of the policy is to shorten FP lines - just make them more consistent and predictable. The only people in a FP line should be those that got FPs around that particular time.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion on the enforcement policy - we almost always used the FP during the identified hour, but that was our choice. But I can tell you that we had a FP for SM last month. When we got to the FP entrance, a group of 6 people in front of us came back too late and were turned away - so I know my FP wait time was reduced by an entire SM car!

SurferStitch
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Dining is a big part of our trips, so FP's take a back seat to them. There are many great places to dine that are worth missing a ride or attraction for us. We always spend more than one day at each park, though, so it's not an issue for us.

The good thing about FP's is the return time is posted at the kiosks. That way you know (within 5 minutes or so) what your return time is. If it's not feasible, then wait until it is.

But, at least the OP got to squeeze everything in, even though it sounded a little too stressful for me. :blush:

i'm grumpy
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
We got a snotty comment for being 5 minutes late because we had to race clear across the park.

Gator
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Well.....

I told you so!

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Well.....

I told you so!
:confused::confused::confused:

Gator
06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

I was only one of many who stated that this exact scenario, or one like it, would happen. It looks like there's plenty who really don't care about the circumstances that happen to others (they will when it happens to them), which is too bad.

It also appears that there are many whose experiences agree that keeping the FP times to nearly exact perfection has done nothing to alleviate crowding in fastpass lines. So the question begs, why the change to the strict rules? All the people saying this rule enforcement is good for the parks have no ground to stand on if the lines dont' get better for FP.

I guess I'm just looking for a little more wiggle room from Disney. 5 minutes before? Fine. 15 minutes after? Bad. Give us an extra hour and that would be ample time to squeeze in our ADRs that we HAVE to book months in advance if we want anything decent to eat. Just looking for the systems to run fluid, that's all.

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
A two-hour window would have been perfect; enough time to work around situations like this without it impacting the lines too much.

Gator
06-06-2012, 09:28 PM
A two-hour window would have been perfect; enough time to work around situations like this without it impacting the lines too much.

Exactly why I chose that number. Do we need the convenience of all day FP return times? No. But an extra hour would help avoid bad situations like yours and ones we're all sure to have. Maybe a few complaints directly to Disney about this will loosen the time limits.

Alaska Disney Fan
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe they should just let some people break the rules and others not. Maybe they should say, just because you have ADR's you can have as much time as you need. Or I don't know maybe if you can't make it back in the time frame that is posted before you get your fast pass, you don't take one. If you don't like the fact that they are actually following the system the way they have it set up, then don't participate or don't spend your money there, that will really show them. Then the parks will be less crowded for those of us that don't mind going back when our correct time is.

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Maybe they should just let some people break the rules and others not. Maybe they should say, just because you have ADR's you can have as much time as you need. Or I don't know maybe if you can't make it back in the time frame that is posted before you get your fast pass, you don't take one. If you don't like the fact that they are actually following the system the way they have it set up, then don't participate or don't spend your money there, that will really show them. Then the parks will be less crowded for those of us that don't mind going back when our correct time is.The sarcasm is unnecessary. I certainly abided by the rules; I was just recounting a situation that occurred. The Fastpass system is not perfect and for the amount of money that is spent on a WDW vacation I would hope that I'm allowed to relate how circumstances affected me.

K8screen
06-07-2012, 05:09 AM
I dont know, as I havent been recently (going in 3 weeks! :cloud9:) but I would think that the FP lines early in the day would be longer now, as people have to come back who would otherwise have held onto their FPs for later, and lines later would therefore get shorter. Is this happening?? CMs can you tell us?

stephicakes
06-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Call me crazy (wouldn't be the first time! hehe :funny:) but I think the Next Generation FP (if it comes to full fruition) would help the people who have ADRs from rushing around so much. You would schedule your FP months before, say 11am, in order to make your ADR at, say 12 noon. It would help take the guess work out of it. So... we'll have to see how things work out over the next several months. I am not personally thrilled about the Next Gen FP, but I can totally understand where it would help.

My family doesn't schedule ADRs. Just our personal choice so we aren't forced to keep to such a tight schedule. (plus 2 of us are vegetarians so you won't catch me waiting in line for any "must have" steak :D) LOL

And I agree with MNNHFLTX... we should ALL be able to voice our opinions without being made to feel that they are unjust. We are all entitled to them! Let's be kind to each other - after all... we are talking about Disney here!!
:pixie:

ChipNDale79
06-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Maybe they should just let some people break the rules and others not. Maybe they should say, just because you have ADR's you can have as much time as you need. Or I don't know maybe if you can't make it back in the time frame that is posted before you get your fast pass, you don't take one. If you don't like the fact that they are actually following the system the way they have it set up, then don't participate or don't spend your money there, that will really show them. Then the parks will be less crowded for those of us that don't mind going back when our correct time is.

By the way, there are some people that may show disney they dont like the direction they are going in by not spending their money at Disney.

I think a lot of people are not so upset about the enforcement of the windows, but more so because they are seeing why this is being done, for Fast Pass+, Xpass or whatever you want to call it.

We pay thousands of dollars to spend our vacation at WDW. I'm one of the one's that believes disney is starting to look at his guests as cattle, and for the money we spend there, I'm not happy about it. If that means fewer visits for our family, then that's what that means.

I dont think there is anything wrong with a 2 hour window as opposed to a 1 hour. It allows for situations exactly like this one. Who does it hurt?

To me this is another example of Disney cutting the value to things while they raise prices yet again. My wife and I Honeymooned at WDW in July of 2008, just 4 years later that same exact trip now cost over $500 more. Something has to give......

biodtl
06-07-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't think anyone here is looking for special treatment like you are implying, but suggesting that there is an alternative that would make the system work for more guests.

Every visit to WDW, there is at least one ride breakdown, or extra-long wait for an ADR (or walk-up). It happens. And sure, if it makes you miss a FP time, you can shrug it off and say "Oh well" or choose not to have ADRs or not to use FPs, but the fact of the matter is that WDW encourages the use of all of these options, so it would be nice if they found a way to accommodate their simultaneous use.

A longer FP window would help a great deal with that - it would still help with the suggested problem of FP line crowding due to people returning outside the window, but it would give a little leeway to those who get stuck waiting for an ADR.

My family tries to make as few ADRs as possible (other than our "must haves"), but the fact is that depending on when you go, sometimes you need to have them if you want to be able to get a table service meal. And it can be particularity frustrating when you are forced to make your ADRs 6 months in advance, then show up 15 minutes early, and then STILL end up waiting 30 minutes last your ADR time to be seated. And that frustration only gets worse when that delay results in the expiration of a fast pass.

Gator
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe they should just let some people break the rules and others not.

1. That's what Disney is about to do. Make you pay for the FastPass+ or whatever they'll call it. You pay more, and you get better service than everyone else. I pray the 99% protestors don't get wind of this.

2. I'm asking for a change in policy toward the open window. When I see something I don't like, I try to change it instead of heading over the cliff with the rest of humanity.

3. Sarcasm is usually used when someone thinks themselves better than everyone else. We're all here to be friends with a common love for Disney World. :mickey: So let's keep it Magical.

Minnie97
06-07-2012, 03:04 PM
We had a problem with fastpasses at HS, we had dinner at 50's prime time(LOVE IT:) and a fast pass that started like ten min earlier. We ended up able to ride it but it was one of those times when your like REALLY!?

Disney Doll
06-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I guess I'm still misunderstanding the problem. If you make ADRs in advance then you know in advance what time you need to arrive at the restaurant. You don't know exactly how long your meal will take, but you can estimate and give yourself enough of a cushion to plan. You also know before you take a fastpass what the return window is going to be. If it conflicts with an ADR then don't get the fastpass. Come back after your meal and get a later fp or plan that attraction for another day.

I think a deadline has to be firm in order to be effective. If they allow a grace period, then that becomes the new standard and anyone 5 minutes past the grace period is going to feel jilted. People are going to complain no matter what unless we return to the previous model with absolutely no enforcement at all.

I don't think the purpose is necessarily to speed lines. It's a huge planning tool for Disney to be able to anticipate the way guests will move through the park. When you increase the return window it's a less effective predictor.

Gator
06-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I guess I'm still misunderstanding the problem. If you make ADRs in advance then you know in advance what time you need to arrive at the restaurant. You don't know exactly how long your meal will take, but you can estimate and give yourself enough of a cushion to plan. You also know before you take a fastpass what the return window is going to be. If it conflicts with an ADR then don't get the fastpass.

So I have an ADR at say Le Cellier for say Noon. I know it will take 5-10 minutes to be seater and another 60-80 minutes to finish the meal. My family loves Soarin' so I walk all the way up to the top of The Land pavillion, all the way around to the back, all the way down to and over to the fastpass section. And then it reads return time 12:10 - 1:10. Oh darn. Should I wait for a half hour so that the window ends at around 1:40? Should I return to my family empty handed and say "Maybe next year"? Should we get into the 75 minute stand-by line? I like the option of Disney letting us come back up to an hour late so we don't have to sweat it.

Fast Pass was easy when it was just my wife and I, and only 3 ADRs per trip. But with 3 kids from 1 to 7, it's hard to balance the good meals we want for them and then avoiding the long lines. With the "unlimited" FP time, it was easy. I understand they have to fix it because it was out of control, but they could throw us young families a bone by at least giving us an hour or so of wiggle room. We like to relax on vacation, and this new FP system doesn't allow for relaxation.

ChipNDale79
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
So I have an ADR at say Le Cellier for say Noon. I know it will take 5-10 minutes to be seater and another 60-80 minutes to finish the meal. My family loves Soarin' so I walk all the way up to the top of The Land pavillion, all the way around to the back, all the way down to and over to the fastpass section. And then it reads return time 12:10 - 1:10. Oh darn. Should I wait for a half hour so that the window ends at around 1:40? Should I return to my family empty handed and say "Maybe next year"? Should we get into the 75 minute stand-by line? I like the option of Disney letting us come back up to an hour late so we don't have to sweat it.

Fast Pass was easy when it was just my wife and I, and only 3 ADRs per trip. But with 3 kids from 1 to 7, it's hard to balance the good meals we want for them and then avoiding the long lines. With the "unlimited" FP time, it was easy. I understand they have to fix it because it was out of control, but they could throw us young families a bone by at least giving us an hour or so of wiggle room. We like to relax on vacation, and this new FP system doesn't allow for relaxation.

Gator, I think your idea would fix a lot of things. I'm one of the ones that would use a fast pass when I wanted to, because a CM told me to do it that way. There's just so much that can happen inside that one hour window that might prevent you from using a Fast Pass, especially the ones that you get and can't use for 5 or 6 hours later.

Honestly, if you add another hour to the window, and stagger the times like they do now, it wouldn't be a problem. If you can't make it back inside that 2 hour window, I'm ok with saying too bad.

A disney vacation should be that exactly, a vacation.

MickeysBestPal
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I understand they have to fix it because it was out of control...

I'm not operating under the assumption that the system was out of control.

If that was the case (and the reason for the change,) they'd have limited Disneyland's FP Return Time at the same time.

cer
06-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Do we need the convenience of all day FP return times? No. But an extra hour would help avoid bad situations like yours and ones we're all sure to have. Maybe a few complaints directly to Disney about this will loosen the time limits.

I think a two hour return window is a brilliant and very reasonable solution to the problem of not being able to make it back within a rigid one hour (with a 15 minute grace period) window. Splendid! :thumbsup:

Ian
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I guess I'm still misunderstanding the problem. If you make ADRs in advance then you know in advance what time you need to arrive at the restaurant. You don't know exactly how long your meal will take, but you can estimate and give yourself enough of a cushion to plan. You also know before you take a fastpass what the return window is going to be. If it conflicts with an ADR then don't get the fastpass. Come back after your meal and get a later fp or plan that attraction for another day.Well in our case we had an ADR scheduled for 11:10 at the Plaza on our last day.

We actually went right to Space Mountain to get a FP for it and were pretty surprised the return window was already 11:05. We had to leave to start for home by 3PM, so waiting until later to ride wasn't an option for us.

Here's the way I see it. No one was hurt by the way the system was before and lots of guests benefited from the flexibility. It's not school or work ... 99.9% of people who visit Disney World are there to relax not follow some 367 line MS Project plan every day.

I don't understand why they "fixed" something that wasn't broken. It has absolutely zero benefit to the guests, which means it must be benefiting Disney somehow or they wouldn't have done it.

Alaska Disney Fan
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM
The sarcasm is unnecessary. I certainly abided by the rules; I was just recounting a situation that occurred. The Fastpass system is not perfect and for the amount of money that is spent on a WDW vacation I would hope that I'm allowed to relate how circumstances affected me.

My comments went directed at your situation but the comment from Gator

I guess I'm just looking for a little more wiggle room from Disney. 5 minutes before? Fine. 15 minutes after? Bad. Give us an extra hour and that would be ample time to squeeze in our ADRs that we HAVE to book months in advance if we want anything decent to eat. Just looking for the systems to run fluid, that's all.

If they allow 5 minutes, then not 15 at what point do they say 8 minutes ok but not 9, the time frame is listed for a reason.

And I agree with MNNHFLTX... we should ALL be able to voice our opinions without being made to feel that they are unjust. We are all entitled to them! Let's be kind to each other - after all... we are talking about Disney here!!
:pixie:

But I voice my opinion, sure with a little sarcasm, and get blasted for having an opinion that is different. I guess it was in the delivery:confused:

3. Sarcasm is usually used when someone thinks themselves better than everyone else. We're all here to be friends with a common love for Disney World. :mickey: So let's keep it Magical.

So how is this friendly and magical?

stephicakes
06-08-2012, 06:16 AM
No worries! We all have great suggestions and ideas to help make the current (and proposed) FP/ADR situation better :thumbsup: Everyone's opinion counts since everyone "does" Dis differently!

I guess only time will tell us how this will pan out. :confused: We go in September so it will be interesting to see if by then I have to book my FP ahead of time anyway...

steph

K8screen
06-08-2012, 06:20 AM
I just want to know, from a current CM, what is actually HAPPENING?
Did a lot of people used to come back hours later, or did most people, like me, stick to the rules as printed on the FP anyway? And ARE lines now longer, shorter or what?
I would think people who were not quite as WDW obsessed as us on these boards, probably just used the passes at the right time anyway. Am I wrong?? Can someone who knows explain how much difference, if any, this is making to the lines and to most people?

dnickels
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Doesn't the whole argument about windows or lines being longer or shorter miss the point? I was under the impression that the reason for doing this was to nudge guests a step closer to how things will operate with the Next Gen / X Pass / (whatever they finally call the next iteration of the Fast Pass system). :confused:

I would love for Disney to set the rules to revolve around my touring plans and possible issues that may arise but I'll adjust and plan accordingly whatever the rules may be. In the grand scheme of things this doesn't seem like as big of a deal for the number of keystrokes we've expended on it over the past 6+ months.

MNNHFLTX
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I started this topic because I encountered a scheduling problem that was very similar to a scenario that I predicted could arise months ago. And, frankly, I wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing (it appears a few of you have). In any case, it's been going in a direction that I am uncomfortable with--my fault, perhaps, for starting it in the first place. It appears that it is still a touchy subject for a lot of people on both sides of the coin.

One last thought--while I respect TPTB with the Disney corp, let's not forget that the company exists to serve their customers, not the other way around, IMO. People have a right to speak up, with words and with their dollars, about practices that are not conducive to an enjoyable vacation. I sincerely hope that the "Next Gen" Fastpass system will be successful and will keep an open mind towards that end, but I will not blindly praise something simply because Disney develops it.