PDA

View Full Version : crabbing at HHI resort

mouseketeer mom
06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Can you still crab at the resort on that little pier? Hoping that is still offered.

Priority Four
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I can't imagine they would take that away. Too much fun.

btown
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Yup, we went August 2011 and they still let you go crabbing. They even sell the crab "traps" at the activities window. My 10 year old was down there every morning @ 6 w/ his raw chicken and he caught them! Enjoy!!

buzznwoodysmom
06-07-2012, 04:49 PM
What do you do with the crabs you catch? Do you throw them back?

mouseketeer mom
06-08-2012, 05:10 PM
What do you do with the crabs you catch? Do you throw them back?

Hi Denise! I haven't heard from you in so long! We throw them back. It's just for fun, but some peeps do keep them and cook them, but if you ask me, that's a whole lot of work for a little bit of crab meat.

buzznwoodysmom
06-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Denise! I haven't heard from you in so long! We throw them back. It's just for fun, but some peeps do keep them and cook them, but if you ask me, that's a whole lot of work for a little bit of crab meat.

I think it's far too much work myself, but Kevin and Landon LOVE crabs. Not sure they would be able to bring themselves to throw them back in. LOL.

PETE FROM NYC
06-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Me, I would never throw them back. I spend my whole summer on the salt water fishing and crabbing. In fact, years ago, I would always pick my vacation for late August, because that was prime crabbing season up here in Jamaica Bay up here in NYC.
BTW, I ain't too lazy to sit down with family and friends and pick on crabs all afternoon. Its in my blood.

SD Price
06-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Plenty of crabbing going on at HHI. A tip, leave the resort walking along the path to the each and you'll find some undistirbed areas for crabbing. You'll be catching Blue crabs (not to be confused with B'lou Crabbe) off the pier. You should note that here in SC the minimum length for keepers is 5" measured point-to-point.