PDA

View Full Version : Yachstmen or Artists Point?

Dulcee
06-02-2012, 06:23 PM
If you had to choose between Yachtsmen Steakhouse or Artist Point which would it be?

We've never done either, though I've heard good things about both. We'll be there in December if it makes any difference!

Capt_redshirt
06-02-2012, 06:54 PM
having done both i would say its a toss up.. the Yachtsman is known for there steaks and they are extremely good Artist point is more known for the cedar plank salmon (my friend says they sold more of that then anything else) if i could go back again to only one i would do yachtsman again

Kairi_7378
06-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I think I'd go with AP. There is a variety of foods and everything we have had there has been very good. Our dinner there was a highlight of our last trip.

SBETigg
06-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Artist Point is the one Signature dining experience I haven't tried yet, but I would definitely choose it over Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Yachtsman's does not live up to two credits/price. It might as well have been Outback Steakhouse. Actually, I've had better meals at Outback.

Yachstman's is lacking in atmosphere, service, and fine dining touches that should be there for the price. Not to mention that they made several cheap substitutions for premium ingredients on both my husband's meal and appetizer and on my appetizer. Very disappointing experience.

spoiledraf
06-03-2012, 07:53 AM
We used to love Yachtsman but they have slacked off in the sevice department. (Narcoossees has replaced it quite well) We talked to some of the waiters there and this restaurant has some of the most senior employees at the World. One gentleman said he was an original emplyee since the park opened. Another that we had over 17 years ago is still there. He was arrogant the first time and more so now. (Yachtsman management are you reading this?:()
I have never had a bad meal but it's just not as enjoyable as it used to be.

We did have one exciting meal about five years ago when they seated Mariah Cary just two tables away from us. Hmmmm.... she got way better service than we did. Go figure. :)

We have never been to Artist Point or the Wilderness Lodge area in general. I would like to try it sooner than later.

darthmacho
06-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Artist Point is my favorite restaurant in the world, but I admit to a great deal of sentimental bias towards it since it was the very first WDW restaurant at which we ate, on our first trip, which also happened to be on our honeymoon. I'm sure Yachtsman is great too, so I'd choose based on which is easier for you to get to on the day of question. I don't think you can make a wrong choice here. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
We like Yachtsman's best.

VWL Mom
06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Since you're going in December I'd vote for Artist Point. We really enjoy their menu, especially the Portobello soup, Salmon, & Buffalo. While we normally don't go there in the summer, we find it fitting for the cooler weather.

BugeyedMuggy
06-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Artist Point hands down. We went to Yachtsman Steak house once and to me the service is half of the dining experience. Our server should have worked in a food court. The food to me was as good as Captains Grill. We also went to AP once and it was one of our best dining experiences. The salmon was amazing, our server was attentive and informative and we were seated right at the window by the waterfall.

SurferStitch
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
DH and I dined at AP once, and probably won't go back. It was unfortunately one of the worst meals we've ever had.

My scallops were half raw and had no seasoning at all.... I mean NOTHING.... terribly bland. DH's meat (don't remember if it was buffalo or not) was bland and really, really rare (was literally still bleeding, and he ordered medium well). Service was terrible. We saw our server twice.... once when he took our order, and once when he brought the check. We also got stuck at a little table wedged between a big wooden column and the windows overlooking a deck filled with stacked lounge chairs... nice (despite the fact that the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, and there were plenty of open window tables).

We are trying the Yachtsman in October on high recommendations from several friends (a couple of them are real foodies like us), so I hope it goes well!

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I do love Artist Point and have had several outstanding meals there. Delicious. :wine:

I would go there because I could then walk around the grounds and enjoy the Wilderness Lodge.

c&d
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Artist Point, love the food. I always get the salmon and DH gets the buffalo. The service has always been good.

Although the food was good at Yachtsman, I didn't really like the atmosphere. It just seemed very loud.

diz_girl
06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Since it's December, I'd vote for AP. You can enjoy the Christmas decorations in the lobby when you're there.

Crow
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
ate at YS once on dining plan. atmosphere is..eh. i didnt think it was that great. that was yrs ago.
AP i have eaten at a few times, most recently last wk. the atmosphere fits right in w WL, mushroom soup is good, they have wine & sake, cedar plank salmon was good. i had the buffalo previously and that was good.
AP in a heartbeat

Jared
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Unless you can't live without a steak, I'd definitely recommend Artist Point. The menu, which includes swordfish, bison and oysters, is one of Disney's best.

renecat
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Artist Point is the one Signature dining experience I haven't tried yet, but I would definitely choose it over Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Yachtsman's does not live up to two credits/price. It might as well have been Outback Steakhouse. Actually, I've had better meals at Outback.

Yachstman's is lacking in atmosphere, service, and fine dining touches that should be there for the price. Not to mention that they made several cheap substitutions for premium ingredients on both my husband's meal and appetizer and on my appetizer. Very disappointing experience.

I disagree with this I've eaten at both and I love both. We had a server named Darrel that was wonderful at the Yatchman's. When we went back in April this year I ask for him and he did not dissapoint. We are going again in Oct. and I will request him as my server again.
My husband & I had poached lobster tail with there prime beef and it was wonderful. Also they have a most wonderful lobster bisque. My sister loves their 24 oz. porterhouse and she is a little picky. I've also eaten at Artist point, my husband said he liked it best for atmosphere. They have a wonderful bison steak and a great smokey portabella mushroom soup. Which ever one you choose I don't think you'll be dissapointed. If you can swing it do both.
Hope you have a wonderful time.