PDA

View Full Version : Single rider line

IloveJack
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
DH and I are thinking about using single rider lines instead of baby swap. Which rides have them? We're on our way now!

faline
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
The ones I can think of right now are Rock n Roller Coaster; Expedition Everest and Mission:Space. Test Track has a single ride line but its down for refurbishment.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I dont think so Because the adults most of the time want to ride the rides also. So it would be worse for them because if they wanted to ride the ride they would have to wait in line after the other one got off. The swap allows all the adults to be able to have as much Fun as the kids and not have to go through the long waits in the lines.
:dumbo:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd personally do Swap rather than single ride for rides you BOTH want to ride. Some have exits that are not near the ride so someone will be waiting outside while one goes in the single rider line.

But Space Mountain has a Single Rider line along with the others mentioned. I'd personally use when the kids are teens and adult aged and don't mind riding with a stranger.

IloveJack
06-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Our kids are too young to ride at all, which is out reasoning. We'll see how it goes today at AK.

K8screen
06-04-2012, 06:03 AM
I have never used baby swap, but I have used single rider lines a lot, and I would say it is MUCH quicker than the standby queue, well more than twice as fast, so, as you would all have to wait in the standby line to use baby swap, I would go for single rider option every time, with the possible exception of if you have fast pass. The other parent doesnt have to wait in line with baby, and can be doing something else. Our record, admittedly at Universal, and done as an experiment, (yes we are that curious!) but I dont think it is much different at Disney, is 8 rides each through the singles line, (usually finishing up in ths same car anyway!) before the person we would have been behind in standby, rode. We could have done more, but got bored.

K8screen
06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I Our record, admittedly at Universal, and done as an experiment, (yes we are that curious!) but I dont think it is much different at Disney, is 8 rides each through the singles line, (usually finishing up in ths same car anyway!) before the person we would have been behind in standby, rode. We could have done more, but got bored.

To clarify, we didnt have a baby, just kept entering and going through the singles line together.

wdwfansince75
06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd personally do Swap rather than single ride for rides you BOTH want to ride. Some have exits that are not near the ride so someone will be waiting outside while one goes in the single rider line.

But Space Mountain has a Single Rider line along with the others mentioned. I'd personally use when the kids are teens and adult aged and don't mind riding with a stranger.

When did SM add a single rider line? Wasn't there last July, nor any of our earlier trips. We have done child sway there many times...using fast passes...best tactic for CS is FP.

sgdisney
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
When did SM add a single rider line? Wasn't there last July, nor any of our earlier trips. We have done child sway there many times...using fast passes...best tactic for CS is FP.

Space Mountain did not have a SR line in January. I specifically asked the CM stationed at the entrance and was told no.

mermaidmarian
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Single rider line rules! I don't mind sitting next to someone I don't know and our family (DH, me, DS14) have no problems riding attractions like EE, TT, RnR using single rider. We are usually boarded on the same ride, btw.

Single rider line can move pretty fast. I think for your purposes, you could probably both pass through on the single rider lane in far less than time than you would wait in the stand-by, even doing baby swap - and in some cases, maybe even faster than FP. At least, that has been my usually visiting in early-mid August experience.