PDA

View Full Version : GF Cafe,Coral Reef, Kona, Kouzzina, and Jiko?

Kairi_7378
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Very different restaurants, I know!

My husband and I decided to add another night to our vacation due to the availability of flights :thumbsup: We are going during the free dining promotion, so we now have another TS credit to schedule a reservation for. We made ADR's already for Kona Cafe, Kouzzina, Sanaa, and CA Grill. Now I am trying to decide what to do with the extra credit. We are a party of 3 and DH enjoys Signature Dining. Which of these options would you pick for dinner?

1.) Use a credit at the Grand Floridian Cafe. (We've never been in the Grand Floridian.)

2.) Keep trying for Coral Reef (which was booked for the days we'd like to eat there.)

3.) Cancel Kona or Kouzzina to free up a credit, and try for Jiko (somewhere I always wanted to try.)

SBETigg
06-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is always very good for us. I also love Kouzzina, Sanaa, and CA Grill. Coral Reef is not an experience I care to repeat due to service issues we had there years ago, though it might be good now. Kona Cafe is not a favorite for us after two very mediocre meals. Jiko is good, but we honestly preferred Sanaa. Jiko is not one our favorite Signature experiences, but it is good.

CuteAsMinnie
06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch, ( it's a hidden gem) tool around the resort and its grounds for a bit since you've never been there.

Enjoy!

spoiledraf
06-02-2012, 06:55 AM
If you have never been to the GF, then by all means stop in the the GF Cafe and take a stroll around the main building and grounds. It is a Grand place. The GF Cafe is really a great place to eat. Good variety and we have always had great food and service here. It is really an overlooked restaurant. You will be happy with this choice.

And I second the comment about service issues at the Coral Reef. Won't be back there anytime soon.

Jared
06-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Don't cancel Kouzzina!

:tasty:

amorillo
06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
just to check out the amazing resort... i'd go with the GF cafe! the resort is beyond beautiful! DH & I did a late breakfast there a few years back when our older children did the pirate cruise... and the food was delicious!

BelleBeauty
06-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Don't cancel Kouzzina, it was easily the best meal my DH and I had on our last trip (and we went to CA Grill). But I would cancel Kona to to a signature dining experience.

Jared
06-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't cancel Kouzzina, it was easily the best meal my DH and I had on our last trip (and we went to CA Grill). But I would cancel Kona to to a signature dining experience.
Kouzzina! Yes!

ElenitaB
06-02-2012, 09:16 PM
The last two times we've eaten dinner at Kona, the meals have been very lackluster.

That said, if we had an extra credit, we'd be heading to the GFC. I've always wanted to eat there.

moe513
06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
We found coral reef and kouzzina to be just okay, I didnt like Kona's location. Feels like you are in the lobby.

Kairi_7378
06-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks all! I am using our dinners as an excuse to visit some resorts that we've always said that we'd visit and never have. However, this is the first time that I've made this many reservations so I was starting to worry about having too many. (I tend to overthink things. :blush: )

I am really excited about Kouzzina!

mydisneygirls
06-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I would say Grand Floridian Cafe!