PDA

View Full Version : Extended Hours at MK in June

spoiledraf
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
We'll be starting our week June 11 and the hours I saw and planned for showed MK closing at 10 each night. Now they show 1am, 12 am and 11 pm. That leads me to believe they will have much larger crowds than I was hoping for. And since we have little ones, we can't stay late to take advantage of the longer hours. So I guess it's a good thing for a lot of people but not so good for us as it will just bring more bodies to battle. :(

06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
The "new" closing times you see are pretty much the standard closing times for that time period of year and will continue through late July.

floridamom
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Yes, this is typical. We always visit in the summer and with younger kids who don't do the late hours either. But we just go at rope drop and get everything in before many of those 2am-ers hit the parks. :-)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
My DD and I start our 10 day visit on June 11th also. They always extend their closing time in the summer.
Crowds start hitting summer levels during that week also as schools across the nation are letting out. But they get worse closer to July 4th week.

Rope Drop, do what you have to get done first thing, lunch, another hour or so, then back to the room for nap/quiet/cool off time, then back out for a little longer and dinner. Don't worry about trying and staying up late with 2 little ones. You'll see lighter crowds in the mornings than the later hours.

Have fun - and if you see a short round strawberry blond gal with a brunette gal with 2012 graduation ears on - just wave. :)

LudwigVonDrake
06-02-2012, 05:36 PM
They'll extend the same hours when I'm in WDW in July. Summer is a busy time for WDW and the hours reflect the crowds they expect.