PDA

View Full Version : Wearing shorts

andypooh
05-31-2012, 11:05 AM
What restaurants at WDW other than V&A could I not wear shorts too?

Thanks

GoldenDreams
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
You can wear shorts in Le Cellier, but you might not want to. That place is chilly! I had to take my son outside to warm up.

Food was great, though!

SBETigg
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
You can wear shorts anywhere besides V & A. The dress codes are very relaxed. Not cut offs or torn shorts, and preferably dressier shorts, but it's allowed.

KylesMom
05-31-2012, 04:14 PM
We visit during peak summer season, and we've never felt out of place in nice shorts & shirts/blouses in Disney's TS restaurants. That being said, we've never done signature dining either with the exception of LeCellier in the evening. Disney's dining brochure is fairly vague and lets you decide what "resort casual" is!

Dress Code for Signature Restaurants is Resort Casual. Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing of any kind, or t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

andypooh
05-31-2012, 09:58 PM
I assume I can wear a baseball cap into LeCellier?

Fastpasssteve
06-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I have gone to the California Grill wearing dress shorts, a button-down short-sleeved shirt, and leather sandals. I was very put together, yet still comfortable during the day in the parks. Cotton or linen really helps.

You could wear a baseball cap in any of the parks, but I would naturally take it off when entering a restaurant.

TheDuckRocks
06-01-2012, 09:00 AM

IMHO If you're a guy - Can? Yes. Should? No.

buzznwoodysmom
06-01-2012, 09:01 AM

Call us old fashion, but my hubby and both of my sons (12 and 10) take off baseball caps when in any kind of restaurant, even fastfood places.

andypooh
06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
problem is once I wear the cap to protect my head from sunburn,etc during the day my hair is AWFUL and if I take it off it looks ridiculous! So I sort of have to keep it on once it is put on for the day

scooterca42
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I carry a comb. It's nice to take off the hat and comb out the hair - fluff it up and all. Refreshing.

I was taught it was good manners to take off your hat in a restaurant/at the dinner table. Mum always said "good manners never take a holiday!"

Mind you, I am guilty of the elbows on the table infraction. Can't break that habit no matter how hard I try. ;)

garymacd
06-03-2012, 11:17 AM
You can wear shorts in Le Cellier, but you might not want to. That place is chilly! I had to take my son outside to warm up.

Food was great, though!

That's not chilly: that's Canadian Summer - minus the mosquitoes and black flies, of course.

TheVBs
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
problem is once I wear the cap to protect my head from sunburn,etc during the day my hair is AWFUL and if I take it off it looks ridiculous! So I sort of have to keep it on once it is put on for the day

Technically it is considered polite to remove your hat in the restaurant, but like others have pointed out, the dress code rules are very relaxed in WDW. Look around when you go in, if a lot of people are wearing hats, don't worry about removing yours. If there aren't a lot of others wearing hats, and you don't want to remove yours because of what it does to your hair (which I totally get!), then you could always try turning it around so that it's less conspicuous. Really though, I would not stress over keeping your hat on there. :mickey: