PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Adventires - why only Xbox?

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
My daughter loves watching walk thoughs on YouTube for Disneyland Adventures. I wanted to get it for her, but we have Wii and it seems this was only made for Xbox. Does anyone know why, of if they will be making it for other systems? Thanks!

BrerGnat
05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
It's used with Xbox's Kinect system so it wouldn't work with the Wii. The game is highly dependent on full body motion capture technology, and currently, only Xbox has this available. I have both a Wii and an Xbox. We recently got the Xbox with Kinect and bought the Disneyland adventures game. You really do use your whole body. The wii remote can only capture motion from your hands. The Disneyland game requires you to stand in different positions, run in place, jump, squat, etc. I do have a couple of Wii games that require that kind of movement, but they are not executed well and the wii often misinterprets what you are doing (and these kinds of games require a thigh strap where you can attach the nunchuck, and that would be awkward for a kid to do).

I think the next generation of Nintendo will have motion capture cameras similar to the Xbox kinect, so perhaps in the future, there will be a Disney parks game for that. However, don't expect it for the Wii ever.

The game is really fun, although it is actually quite challenging and I think many kids might get frustrated with how difficult some of the mini games are.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, that is an awesome explaination. Thank you very much! Fortunately she hasn't asked for the game...maybe she will just stay happy watching it. :)

Elias1901
02-25-2013, 07:12 PM
The game is really fun, although it is actually quite challenging and I think many kids might get frustrated with how difficult some of the mini games are.

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage levels took me absolutely forever and frustrated even me, at some points! The Kinect's motion sensor can be an amazing piece of technology and at times it can be just bonkers... I find that playing through normally (walking through Disneyland by pointing your finger forward and turning your shoulders left and right to help guide your avatar) is the easiest to do, but a lot of the mini-games aren't the easiest to play and require a lot of patience.

Needless to say, after a bit I was able to collect all the items, beat all the mini-games and complete all the quests for all my Xbox Achievements and 100% completion. In the end, I do like this game... for better or for worse. :mickey: