PDA

View Full Version : Haircut at MK for little one

Wrigley
05-27-2012, 02:29 PM
We are thinking about getting our DD's first haircut while there next week. Do we need an appt or is just walk ins? How much does it cost? Thank you!

AmandaChan
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM
You just walk in, but I guess the line can be long in the mornings. We went in June 2011 and we showed up around noonish expecting to be in a huge line but there was only a couple people ahead of us. Maybe you can check back through the day early after the morning rush... but keep an eye on the times b/c I believe they definitely close early. DS had his first haircut and it was such a magical and wonderful experience I plan on taking DD for her first haircut, and I plan on having both kids get their haircut everytime we go as our tradition.. DS was 13 months old and it was his first haircut, it cost 18$ (which has gone up $4 in a few years) but it's still a great deal! They packed bits of his hair for us to keep, gave us a certificate with his name on it and she signed it, and gave him a hat that had 'First Haircut' embroidered on the back. The woman (Penny) that did it was amazing, and we compare all of his other haircuts to the one she did :) DH teared up as we were leaving, which caught me off guard... then I started tearing up.. and we shared a wonderful moment :mickey: We went on that vacation with his family (party of 8) and it was our first day out alone with DS and we had just the best day... definitely one of my very favorite memories.

ANG
05-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I recommend a reservation. We tried to get our eldest son's first hair cut on our last trip. We went there right at opening and it was busy for hours.

Urbss
05-27-2012, 06:25 PM
I would also recommend a reservation, even with one you still may have a little bit of a wait.

I believe this is the number to call: (407) 939-3463.

Joannelet
05-28-2012, 08:51 AM
How far in advance can you make a reservation? I never knew this was a possibility.

Mammabruski
05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
I just made an appointment for my DD for her first haircut! 1pm less than three weeks from today... I can't wait!!!

:mickey:

Cjsmom1811
05-29-2012, 05:56 AM
Getting my 17m.o. First haircut june 11th @ 2!!! Taking the whole family lol!!!

ginger19
05-30-2012, 09:23 AM
They covered my daugther's legs with Mickey stickers and she was occupied the entire time with them. It was great :thumbsup:

stephicakes
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Just a suggestion (although I'm sure all the moms have thought about this already!)... you may want to bring an extra shirt for your little ones to change into afterwards. I managed a hair salon (many moons ago) and all those little hairs can definitely be an irritant on the little one's neck - especially in hot humid weather. :cry: I have never been to this barber shop so I am not sure if they allow you to remove their shirts under the cape, or if they brush them off after... but a good idea may be to also have a little bottle of baby powder with you to rub on their necks & back afterwards.

Just a suggestion to help keep your day magical! :fworks:

AmandaChan
05-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Just a suggestion (although I'm sure all the moms have thought about this already!)... you may want to bring an extra shirt for your little ones to change into afterwards. I managed a hair salon (many moons ago) and all those little hairs can definitely be an irritant on the little one's neck - especially in hot humid weather. :cry: I have never been to this barber shop so I am not sure if they allow you to remove their shirts under the cape, or if they brush them off after... but a good idea may be to also have a little bottle of baby powder with you to rub on their necks & back afterwards.

Just a suggestion to help keep your day magical! :fworks:

good idea! we headed back to the resort after so i never thought of it, but they may have dusted him a little w/ baby powder afterwards?