PDA

View Full Version : Interactive queue question

Dyanna
05-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Since we have not been on a ride yet that has one of these new interactions was wondering if it slows down the wait to get onto the ride itself. For instance if some family is partaking in the interacting do you as the family behind them wait til they are done to continue on the line or do you bypass that family to catch up to those others in front of them.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure - look forward to hearing from some of our resident 'experts' - but do know that Haunted Mansion has 2 line options - interactive and traditional.

Strmchsr
05-26-2012, 08:58 PM
The interactive part of Pooh is off to the side. Most folks step out to do it or let the kids do it while the parents stay in line. As mentioned, HM has 2 options. In general the lines keep moving. The interactive parts don't hold up the line. If someone wants to stop, just go around them.

Jeri
05-27-2012, 10:45 AM
So if someone stops to do the activity and others go around, then do they just join the line when they are done?

Wouldn't people be upset if you just jump back in line when you are done playing with the interactive stuff?
Maybe I am over thinking this.:confused:

Strmchsr
05-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, they just get back in line. I've never seen it be a problem. Most folks know the people have stepped out for a second to do the interactive stuff. Pooh is the only place it's an issue and I've never seen it be a big one.

wickedgin
05-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I've only been to WDW once since the new Pooh & HM interactive queues have opened, and it didn't seem like a big deal. At HM, you have to actively choose to go into the interactive part, so the line does move slower, but it doesn't seem like in either place that people really left the queue at any point. They utilized the interactive resources when they were in front of them, but when the line moved, for the most part, they moved along too. If the children lagged behind at the beginning of the Pooh queue, the parents usually stayed in line.

Melanie
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The other place that it's sort of an issue is Space Mt., but that said, it seems like the whole line stops to play those silly games and everyone just moves up the line when the game is done.