PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Room Question

KAT1811
05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Which of the deluxe resorts that sleep 5 to a room have a bathroom that is entirely closed off from the rest of the room? Other than the Poly and the Yacht/Beach Club

We recently stayed at the Polynesian in a theme park view room and after much anticipation were disappointed. I can't say that I would run back but I wouldn't say that I wouldn't stay there ever again. I think I'm traumatized in regards to pineapple!

We want to avoid the Yacht/Beach Club because the pool area is so difficult to navigate with 3 little ones. A relaxing day by the pool is impossible if we are running back and forth to all the different areas and the slide.

We also recently stayed at the Boardwalk. We loved the Boardwalk but my only complaint was that the sink area was not closed off from the rest of the room. Traveling with 3 small children we like to get up early and get ready while the little ones sleep in a bit. With the sink area open to the rest of the room as soon as the hair dryer went on everyone was up.

We are planning our next girls trip and are trying to decide where to stay. Any help is greatly appreciated.

greengeen
05-26-2012, 06:56 PM
The Contemporary has a private bathroom with a sliding door.

SBETigg
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Grand Floridian's sinks are outside the bathroom area, so that wouldn't work for you. They are away from the sleep space, separated by a wall but without a door. You might consider some DVC spaces.

Imalismom
05-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Wilderness Lodge is just like Grand Floridian.

BrerGnat
05-28-2012, 04:32 PM
The only ones that are closed off entirely are at Contemporary and Polynesian.

ALL the rest of the Deluxes have the sinks outside the shower/toilet room.

The Swan is the only other one that has a sink outside but then also a full bathroom with an additional sink, toilet,and shower in a room with a door.

The Yacht/Beach club has the sinks outside the toilet/shower room as well, FYI.

How young are your kids? Our boys are young, and we just adjusted our routine to accommodate them. For example, I'd shower before them at night, so that while they were bathing, I'd dry my hair and stuff. Or, I'd shower after our afternoon swim break, and then we'd wait until they were asleep and then DH and I would quietly do our nighttime tooth brushing, face washing, etc. We'd turn on the light only in the shower/toilet room and then close the door most of the way, so it was just a faint light. Boys just slept right through it, and trust me, they are LIGHT sleepers.

The hairdryer was the main issue, so I just adjusted when I used it. I got by just fine at WDW by washing/drying my hair midday. I'd touch up with flat iron in the morning, which is silent. :)

KAT1811
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
BrerGnat, thank you very much! Our little ones are 7, 5, & 3. I have a short, high maintanance hair style so showering at off times isn't a possibility. I usually get up at 5:30 and get completely dressed and ready so I can get everyone else dressed and hair fixed for an early departure.

We were thinking about a DVC accommodation but were leaning more towards a deluxe since this will be our last year we will fit in a deluxe room. Our 15 year old will be in California on a school trip while we are in Disney for this trip. Next year we will be forced I to DVC.

The contemporary is an option. Never stayed there before and wouldn't mind trying it. Any pros and cons?

Disney Doll
05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Just a suggestion...we sleep with a white noise machine. When I get up and use a hairdryer it's just more white noise so it never disturbs anyone. Maybe that would be an options when you are traveling and sleeping in close quarters?

BrerGnat
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
BrerGnat, thank you very much! Our little ones are 7, 5, & 3. I have a short, high maintanance hair style so showering at off times isn't a possibility. I usually get up at 5:30 and get completely dressed and ready so I can get everyone else dressed and hair fixed for an early departure.

Hats are quite a stylish statement at WDW. ;)

I can understand high maintenance short hair. I have it too. You'd never know to look at me what a mess my hair would look if I didn't spend so much time drying it and flat ironing it every day. When I'm at WDW, and it's hot and humid...forget it. Hat goes on. Stays on all day. Or, if it gets wet midday...it's just a lost cause.

Anyway, Contemporary is a great option. I love it! It easily fits 5 people with a fold out daybed, the rooms are HUGE, and the bathroom is also really well laid out (best at Disney, IMO). The bathroom is composed of two rooms, one inside the other. To enter the "main" bathroom, there is a sliding pocket door with a lock. The sinks, towel racks, and shower are in the large room, and then there is a "toilet" room off to the side, also separated by a pocket door (that locks). Inside the toilet room is a toilet and a shelf and a lot of random storage space (this is where we keep our suitcases).

I'd recommend a Tower room for convenience, and either view is good. The garden wing rooms are a bit cheaper, but I don't love them. They don't have balconies and are slightly darker due to all the trees and some rather dingy windows (they are old). However, the garden wing rooms are VERY close to the pool area, beach and boat launch, so it's a tradeoff.

I think with the ages of your kids, the Contemporary would be a great option. You can walk to MK and that is worth a LOT. :thumbsup:

lawgirl
06-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Have you considered one of the villa properties? We are in love with the AKL Kidani villas. We rent the 1 bedroom villa which sleeps 5, and has 2 bathrooms. It's pretty amazing, and the property is our favorite at WDW (and pretty much anywhere else for that matter).

It also is so great to have a kitchen and washer/dryer. I may be mistaken, but I believe that the 1 bedroom villa is probably around the same amount as a room at the Poly. Especially if you go when there is a room discount, or renting DVC points.

KAT1811
06-03-2012, 12:16 PM
My only hesitation with AKL is the dining options. We don't like African food at all. Not even a little bit. This past April we stayed at the Poly in a beautiful theme park view room. But half way through my stay I thought I might scream if I saw another pineapple. It was in my chicken sandwich, in the sticky buns at breakfast, even in my nachos!!!

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
The Disney Vacation Club rooms may be the best answer for you.

The one bedroom suites accommodate 4 adults and one small one. They offer separate bathrooms...separated by doors.

Here is the link from INTERCOT:

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/saratogasprings/default.asp

Note that these have a washer/dryer combo and TWO toilets in two different rooms. Check out the description and room diagram for one bedroom rooms. Other DVC one bedroom situations may be similar. It would be worth a call.

lawgirl
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
My only hesitation with AKL is the dining options. We don't like African food at all. Not even a little bit. This past April we stayed at the Poly in a beautiful theme park view room. But half way through my stay I thought I might scream if I saw another pineapple. It was in my chicken sandwich, in the sticky buns at breakfast, even in my nachos!!!

Haha! That's a good point, even though the Mara and the pool bars at the AKL have alot (well, relatively speaking) of non-African choices. They still have one of the best Ceasar salads ever, and my dad is obsessed with their bacon double cheeseburgers (a calorie splurge while on vacation). But my family happens to love African and Indian food, so we love all the food at the AKL. The extremely nice thing about the AKL villas is the full kitchen in the 1 bedroom. Last time we ordered groceries, from Sunshine grocery...I believe that's the name, there is a link somewhere on Intercot...and it was so nice to have the kitchen stocked with gatorade, sunchips, CPK pizzas, cereal, etc...So if you have really picky eaters, its so nice to be able to have all that in the room for whenever you need a snack, and also for meals as well. The prices were in line with our grocery stores, and the food was delivered almost right when we checked in. It worked out perfectly for my family.

I cannot personally imagine staying anywhere other than a DVC villa property...it fit our family perfectly!

KAT1811
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Hats are quite a stylish statement at WDW. ;)

I can understand high maintenance short hair. I have it too. You'd never know to look at me what a mess my hair would look if I didn't spend so much time drying it and flat ironing it every day. When I'm at WDW, and it's hot and humid...forget it. Hat goes on. Stays on all day. Or, if it gets wet midday...it's just a lost cause.

I have a confession to make. . . I am a huge diva as is the rest of my family. A really nice and friendly one that loves Disney and loves to make new friends but a diva none the less. :blush:

Hair always in place and always done, even on a pool day, lipstick and lipliner on, girls hair perfectly fixed and adorned with one of the thousand bows I packed, little man has his "cool dude hair" done (he's 3 and loves his faux hawk), everyone has coordinating outfits on (so our pictures blend well). . . Honestly I don't even own a hat, actually I only own 2 pairs of shorts. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Anyhoo, on the resort issue I'm still coming up with a zillion pros and cons for each. This is a lot harder than I thought. :thanks: for all the help!!! :mickey: