PDA

View Full Version : WDW restaurants charges billed as what

Crow
05-26-2012, 01:00 PM
are disney restaurants billed to you as a restaurant. Im just wondering how to charge my meals next wk. many times i charge to my room, but if i use my Discover card in May-June i can earn 5% back on restaurant purchases, which might b better than using my room charge or my Disney Visa.

Strmchsr
05-26-2012, 01:53 PM
I charged straight to my MC last week instead of to the room. Every place billed as the name of the restaurant, specifically, on my statement and says "restaurant" under category, or "fast food restaurant" for the CS places.

Crow
05-26-2012, 03:03 PM
i was thinking thats how it was charged. thanks. so i will probably charge meals to my Discover.

LandFan
05-26-2012, 05:10 PM
That is good to know! Thanks :mickey:

greengeen
05-26-2012, 06:54 PM
I can't remember if it was Discover or Visa; but one year when I was trying to get restaurant bonus points, I found that all my restaurant charges at Disney were categorized as "Theme Park", and not counted toward the bonus!

Crow
05-26-2012, 08:08 PM
hmm thats not good. that would b the only reason i would use Discover this trip. i hope they do bill it as dining

ElenitaB
05-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I had a similar question with my Disney Visa card a few weeks ago, and called the Rewards line to ask how charges to a certain establishment were registered. I think Discover has the option of calling or registering for the 5% cash back promotion. Maybe you can call them and ask how they categorize charges to the Disney restaurants.

Kairi_7378
05-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I always use my credit card direcly while at WDW. I just pulled up my Discover Card Statement from my last trip and my restaurant charges are filed under the "Travel/ Entertainment" category and the name of the restaurant for the specific charge. I agree with ElenitaB that it would be a good idea to call them to clarify this issue. My experience with their customer service has been very good no matter how strange my questions have been!

Crow
05-27-2012, 12:33 AM
i have signed up for the 5% cashback already, but it sounds like i should call them. i wont use Discover probably if it wont count

DizneyRox
05-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I remember someone I know saying on their Discover, Disney didnt show up as expected. They were trying to do the same thing. That was a few years back, maybe they reclassified...

Crow
05-27-2012, 11:10 AM
i did just get an reply from concierge at Dis, they said it would b billed as Disney restaurant. guess i should also call Discover though.