PDA

View Full Version : Magic,Memories,&You at Christmas

Gator
05-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like I'll be heading to WDW during early December. I have a question about the nightime entertainment. I know that they don't have Wishes on nights of MVMCP, but do they still Magic, Memories, and You? That would be enought for me as it's as good as Wishes for me and the family.

MickeysBestPal
05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks like I'll be heading to WDW during early December. I have a question about the nightime entertainment. I know that they don't have Wishes on nights of MVMCP, but do they still Magic, Memories, and You? That would be enought for me as it's as good as Wishes for me and the family.

Nobody knows.

This would be the first Christmas season since the show was initiated.

Disney Hungarian
05-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Last December, I seem to remember it only showing on non party days. I did not attend any parties so I do not know if it was shown during the party.

MickeysBestPal
05-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Last December, I seem to remember it only showing on non party days. I did not attend any parties so I do not know if it was shown during the party.

They did not premiere MM&Y until January 18, 2011.

What you may be remembering is the Castle Dream Lights lighting ceremony ("Cinderella's Holiday Wish") which does take place every evening after the sun sets for all MK guests (MVMCP or not) starting about the second week of Nov. and running through the Holidays.

We won't know until this year if MK will also offer MM&Y every night, and at what time.

(Same situation for MNSSHP... we'll just have to wait and see.)

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2012, 09:02 AM

What you may be remembering is the Castle Dream Lights lighting ceremony ("Cinderella's Holiday Wish") which does take place every evening after the sun sets for all MK guests (MVMCP or not) starting about the second week of Nov. and running through the Holidays.

We won't know until this year if MK will also offer MM&Y every night, and at what time.

This will not be the first Christmas with the MM&Y show. Like you stated, the show premiered in 2011, we are now in 2012! They even had a special Christmas edition of MM&Y this past Christmas (2011). We were in WDW for Christmas and each night the entertainment lineup was the castle light show, MM&Y and Wishes. We did not attend the party so I'm not sure what was done on those nights.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
05-27-2012, 10:24 AM
What exactly is magic, memories & you? We were there for christmas two years ago and they didn't have this then.

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2012, 10:38 AM
What exactly is magic, memories & you? We were there for christmas two years ago and they didn't have this then.

It's a new castle show that didn't begin till early 2011. If you were in WDW Christmas of 2010 you just missed it. It is not a Christmas show, but rather a year round show. Disney has done special editions of the show around holidays. I know they had a special Christmas edition, and this year there is a new summer edition of the show. Not sure if they've done other holidays as well, but I seem to remember hearing something about other holidays.

The show itself is basically projections on the castle and music. It is amazing and not to be missed!!!!

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
05-27-2012, 11:03 AM
So I assume it takes place at night?

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2012, 01:09 PM
So I assume it takes place at night?

Yes, it takes place just before Wishes. Maybe 10 mintues prior, give or take a few.

05-27-2012, 05:33 PM

PRETTY SURE that we had MMY during the parties. I'll look back thru some of my pics when I get back home in a few days. I'm positive I have some pictures that I took of it from backstage during our break between parades that has some CM's in party costumes but I will have to find them.

Gator
05-27-2012, 07:02 PM
PRETTY SURE that we had MMY during the parties. I'll look back thru some of my pics when I get back home in a few days. I'm positive I have some pictures that I took of it from backstage during our break between parades that has some CM's in party costumes but I will have to find them.

I may have been a little off in my wording. I don't plan on spend the extra $200+ for the MVMCP so I won't be able to stick around later into the night. I was just wondering if they have it at 6:45, right before they close the park to those not willing to bleed a little more.

Melanie
05-27-2012, 07:09 PM

This will not be the first Christmas with the MM&Y show. Like you stated, the show premiered in 2011, we are now in 2012! They even had a special Christmas edition of MM&Y this past Christmas (2011).

You are correct Denise! I loved the Christmas addition of the Gingerbread, Gumdrop and Candy Cane Castle. So cool! :candy:

I may have been a little off in my wording. I don't plan on spend the extra $200+ for the MVMCP so I won't be able to stick around later into the night. I was just wondering if they have it at 6:45, right before they close the park to those not willing to bleed a little more.

I see what you're saying, and while I'm not 100% certain, I think the answer is no. You'd have to catch it on another non-party night.

05-27-2012, 10:26 PM

I know the answer to that is no. It would have occurred right before Holiday Wishes and then probably just before the second parade. Would not have been before the park closed to day guests, that I know for sure.

05-27-2012, 10:27 PM
You are correct Denise! I loved the Christmas addition of the Gingerbread, Gumdrop and Candy Cane Castle. So cool! :candy:

Worst part, there was a 2 second clip of the 25th anniversary Castle in there. I thought I had put all of that out of my mind. All other stuff is great.

Gator
05-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I know the answer to that is no. It would have occurred right before Holiday Wishes and then probably just before the second parade. Would not have been before the park closed to day guests, that I know for sure.

That's why I've had a hard time pulling the trigger on a Christmas time vacation to WDW. You pay the same as you would in say, February, but you get less. You actually have to pay more at Christmas time to get the same thing you get a month before or after.