PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parade taping schedule

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know for certain what the parade taping dates are going to be for 2012? Has Disney confirmed anything yet. Our upcoming trip appears to fall into the expected taping period so was curious.

Most speculation that I've read is most likely 11/30 & 12/1 but I haven't been able to find anything that confirms this.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if they pushed it back a week, but I doubt it.

Strmchsr
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM
There is no confirmation, but if it follows the pattern it has for the last 10+ years it'll tape Nov 30-Dec 2. Friday will be musical guests in front of the Castle, Saturday will be all day on Main St taping the floats, and Sunday will be make-up and pick-up shots. There will not be a confirmation on that until sometime in October (usually mid to late), though. They don't announce it very far in advance.

disneydeb
05-25-2012, 10:34 PM
We will be there then too! We aren't looking to be involved in the parade, but would like to know when to avoid the taping.:mickey:

Gator
05-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Oh, wow. Just realized I'll be there during the taping as well, thanks to a PIN we got for free dining. And based on the schedule I was going by, I'll be at MK on that Friday. I guess I'll just have to extend my vacation by a day and add MK again.

Oh well. Free food makes me happy, and seeing Kelly Ripa will make my wife happy.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-01-2012, 09:37 AM
we are there then as well. We have ressies at the castle on Sunday morning at 9 am. Will be interesting getting in and out if they are still shooting the parade. I really hope we can have some time with a quiet park before the ADR on Main Street. All Well, the important thing is we are there. We will be sure to stay away from MK on Fri and Sat!

Ed
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh well. Free food makes me happy, and seeing Kelly Ripa will make my wife happy.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kelly did the 2011 parade. I believe Ryan Seacrest (sp?) hosted it. And from what I've heard, it's unlikely she'll be doing this year's either.

Strmchsr
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kelly did the 2011 parade. I believe Ryan Seacrest (sp?) hosted it. And from what I've heard, it's unlikely she'll be doing this year's either.

That's correct. Last I heard Kelly won't be doing it any more. Of course, we won't know for sure until late fall when the guests are announced, but I think that's correct, Ed.