PDA

View Full Version : RCI Class action Settlement

tundramom
05-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I got a postcard today stating "a settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that claims RCI,LLC violated consumer protection and other laws by renting timeshare inventory deposited by members of the RCI Points Exchange Program." It gives a website to file a claim (worth $10-$12) if anyone is interested. You had to use/exchange points prior to 4/25/12 to be eligible. I think it's funny that participants get $10 or $12 but the attorneys get $835,000.00:confused:

Basket Mommy
05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
My husband said the same thing about the lawyers' fees when he saw our postcard. We haven't used or exchanged with RCI, though. We only use the DVC points as DVC points.

NewDVCowner
05-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I got one of those today, too. I thought it was odd since I've never exchanged points, I've only used them for DVC.

mdhiggin
05-24-2012, 10:52 PM
We got one too. Do we not bother with this if we have only used our points for DVC and no exchanges with RCI?

I got another class action lawsuit postcard from our old satellite modem carrier a few days ago. What is with all the suing?

DizneyRox
05-25-2012, 07:02 AM
I got another class action lawsuit postcard from our old satellite modem carrier a few days ago. What is with all the suing?
Sometimes you need to read between the lines, but often the answer is right in front of you.

I think it's funny that participants get $10 or $12 but the attorneys get $835,000.00:confused:
Does this answer your question?

Dyanna
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
In the same boat as everyone else. Only used DVC points for WDW only so not real sure we are actually qualified for the large sum of $12. Sure would like to be the atty however :D

tundramom
05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Another quote from the card "If this postcard is addressed to you, you are included in the Settlement unless you exclude yourself". I don't know if you had to exchange, we actually did right before the April deadline and are going to their resort at the end of June. I hadn't checked out the link yet, I'm sure that the claim form will take way too long to fill out (for $10) but if you don't the lawyers probably get that money too. I may have to do it just to keep them from getting that extra $10 :D