PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Thief (Disney Wonder CM) Busted

azcavalier
05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Have you guys seen this? A Disney Wonder CM stole a passenger's iPhone, but she has it set to upload any photos she takes to her Facebook photo stream. So, as he's taking photos (including a bunch of himself), it's uploading to her Facebook page. She knows exactly who he is, and there's no getting out of it. What's funny is that she's adding captions to her Facebook stream as he unwittingly uploads the evidence.

I forgot that I can't post the link, but if you go to "the Verge" tech website and search for "iPhone thief" or "Disney Wonder", you'll find it. It's pretty funny. I wonder what Disney will do when it's brought to their attention.

minnie04
05-24-2012, 09:24 AM
:oops: hope they fire him. Not for anything, but what else has he stolen from passangers. What a fool !!!

BrerGnat
05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
What an idiot. It's a cruise ship! It's not like they won't know where to find him.

However, how are the photos being uploaded to Facebook? How is there a network signal onboard? I'm sure there's no free wifi...if her phone was stolen, why is it still active? My sister's phone was stolen at Legoland one day, and the first thing she did was call AT&T (from my cell phone) and have them disable it.

Isn't she now paying for all the roaming charges and upload costs?

I don't get it...

I hope she has at least contacted Disney about this. Seeing as how it happened in April, I would expect this to have been resolved already.

TinkerbellT421
05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
What an idiot. It's a cruise ship! It's not like they won't know where to find him.

However, how are the photos being uploaded to Facebook? Through the iphone "iCloud", you can set it up with accounts so that when pictures or anything are done through the phone, it automatically links to your iCloud and then you can set up the iCloud to automatically link pictures, videos, etc directly to a social networking site like facebook or twitter

How is there a network signal onboard? According to an article on USA Today they are not necessarily pictures being taken while on the cruises departure. I'm sure there's no free wifi...if her phone was stolen, why is it still active? My sister's phone was stolen at Legoland one day, and the first thing she did was call AT&T (from my cell phone) and have them disable it.

Isn't she now paying for all the roaming charges and upload costs?

I don't get it...

I hope she has at least contacted Disney about this. Seeing as how it happened in April, I would expect this to have been resolved already. Apparently, according to the USA Today article, they are investigating and believe that he may have bought the cell phone from someone else that stole it. They have him on administrative leave but then they say he is still working on the wonder and is restricted from guest quarters

Sorry for the red, I wanted my answers to stand out in the quote area without blending in lol

TinkerbellT421
05-24-2012, 10:03 AM
MUHHAHAHAHAHA! That is tears! I just found the public photo album she made. It appears that she is purposely not having the phone disabled (and honestly for a $600.00 iphone I would want it back too!) she is doing it to get the phone back and reveal the thief. Sounds to me like she doesn't care if there is any charges because if she proves that that IS HER iphone she would get compensation from the courts (if she sues) for reimbursement of the use. And honestly if she does press charges, between the phone worth and the costs of use he could be charged with a felony not just a misdemeanor. Ha! That's great. I love her captions under the pictures!