PDA

View Full Version : Transportation when park hopping

mustBgoofy
05-23-2012, 09:50 PM
If I want to go to Epcot from Animal Kingdom, or from any park to another park, how do I go about doing that? I've always had a reason to go back to my hotel before park hopping and this time I don't have a good reason! Thanks for the help.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
There is park to park transportation.

Between Epcot and Animal Kingdom, there is a bus. (Look for the signage at the bus depot to tell you what stop to use).

There is bus transportation between almost all of the parks, and a boat between Epcot and DHS, and of course the monorail between Epcot and MK (with a monorail change in between).

waymickey
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
There is a bus that goes from one park to another I think. When at MK just hop on the monorail to go to Epcot. Or jump on the monorail to the Poly and grab a bus from there to any other park. Hollywood Studios is just as easy to get to from MK or Epcot and Vise Versa. AK is probably the trickiest but can be done.:number1:

MickeysBestPal
05-24-2012, 06:53 AM
There is "direct" (some more "direct" some less) transportation between all the WDW theme parks.

Most routes are via Disney Buses.

Here are the "park-to-park" Disney Transportation direct connections:

>Note: The MK bus connections arrive and depart only at TTC.<

MK/TTC> Epcot = Monorail
MK/TTC> DHS = Bus
MK/TTC> AK= Bus

AK> DHS= Direct Bus
AK> Epcot= Direct Bus
AK> TTC/MK= Bus

DHS> TTC/MK= Bus
DHS> AK= Direct Bus
DHS> Epcot= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)
......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.)

Epcot > TTC/MK= Monorail
Epcot > AK= Direct Bus
Epcot> DHS= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)
......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.)

The buses have their destinations shown on them on illuminated signs.
The bus stops at the parks are also marked with signage.

As a rule-of-thumb, allow 40-60 minutes to get from the gates of one park to the gates of another park.

MargaretMessler
05-24-2012, 07:28 AM
There is a bus that goes from one park to another I think. When at MK just hop on the monorail to go to Epcot. Or jump on the monorail to the Poly and grab a bus from there to any other park. Hollywood Studios is just as easy to get to from MK or Epcot and Vise Versa. AK is probably the trickiest but can be done.:number1:

Could also just walk over to the Contemporary and hop a bus there, right? Unless a monorail ride is something you want to do.

mustBgoofy
05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks so much! I knew I could count on you guys! I have been so many times but never hopped park to park! Intercot Rocks!!!:cool::mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Could also just walk over to the Contemporary and hop a bus there, right? Unless a monorail ride is something you want to do.

Yes, you can walk to the Contemporary and take a bus to any park, but the monorail is so much more fun than the :bus:.

MickeysBestPal
05-24-2012, 01:25 PM

There are buses to DHS and DAK that depart from TTC.
Much closer to walk to them from the monorail at TTC than continuing to ride the monorail to the Poly and walking to the Poly Bus Stop.
Also, (in general) the MK Express Monorail from MK to TTC will be faster than taking the resort Monorail from MK to TTC.

Yup.
And, just to keep things straight, the only theme park buses at the Contemporary, Poly and Grand Floridian are to DHS and DAK .
No bus to Epcot from these MK Monorail Resorts.

mdricks
05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
If hyping such things is a no-no my apologies to admin...

There is a cool ipod app that lets you put in your two locations and it gives you all your travel options.

:number1:

mustBgoofy
05-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Ok, now that it has been announced that Mitt Romney and President Obama will be there June 21 and 22 speaking, how will travel around MK be affected? The 21st doesnt bother me as much because DH and I had planned on just arriving around noon, checking in and going to AK and then we have a late reservation at Le Cellier. However on the 22nd, we were going to be in Epcot for the day and planned on taking the monorail to MK and then catching a boat to Fort Wilderness to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo. Now what would be the best way to get to the HDDMR from Epcot?

RBrooksC
05-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Park Hopping is why we always rent a car when we go to WDW.

When we were there last year, it was so much more relaxing to know all I had to do was walk to the parking lot and know my rental car was there.

And when we decided to go the the MK in the morning, swim mid-afternoon, DTD for dinner and then a brief visit to DHS, we didn't have to get out a slide rule to figure out how to do it.

mechanic
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
We always arrive at hotel in our own car. It only leaves hotel to go on food runs. We use Disney great transportation system to go everywhere. Just seems easier.

Crow
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
i like hopping. MK -Epcot i take monorail
Epcot -DHS walk or boat from the International Gateway
AK to others, bus
DD to the parks, take resort bus to whichever resort is closest to that park and walk. except for AK to AKL
i have hopped 2 parks many times, 3 parks a few times and even all 4 a couple

RBrooksC
05-27-2012, 10:29 PM
When we go back in July, we will only use Disney transportation from WL via boat to MK. Otherwise, we will be in our rental car, with AC, and I know I will always get a seat.

No worries about crowded buses, delayed busses or figuring out how to get from park to park or to other resorts.

I hate public transportation when at home. So why would I like it any better at WDW?

mustBgoofy
05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok, last question about transportation (I hope). When we arrive we will be arriving at 11a.m.-1p.m. depending on stops we make. We are going to go to Animal Kingdom. I have rearranged dining so that we don't have to do so much hopping around and I'm now very unsure of how transportation will be since it was announced the President will be there speaking for a conference. If I wanted to drive from Animal Kingdom to Ft. Wilderness to eat at HDDMR will I be able to do that? It has been since the early 90's that I've been to Ft. Wilderness as a guest and the last 2 times I've been I've used the boat from MK. Thanks so much!!!

Goofy4TheWorld
05-31-2012, 07:36 AM
... since it was announced the President will be there speaking for a conference.

This is the second time I have read this on Intercot and yet can find no information on the web about it??? Really? Again?

Ed
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
This is the second time I have read this on Intercot and yet can find no information on the web about it??? Really? Again?

Gotta love Google ~~

President Barack Obama will be a key speaker at a 3-day Latino leadership conference (NALEO) on June 22nd, held in Disney’s Contemporary Resort. There will also be a 5K run/walk at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and a Presidential Golf Classic at Disney’s Osprey Ridge Golf Course, but Obama won’t be appearing there!

The Speech

Obama will speak to more than 1,000 Latino officials on June 22nd from 1 to 2 p.m. as part of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials conference.

Other Speakers:

The convention will feature a number of talks by keynote speakers, among them:

Rick Scott (Governor)
Jeb Bush (former Governor)
Marco Rubio (U.S. Senator)
Rene Garcia (State Senator)
Hilda Solis (U.S. Secretary of Labor)
John Pérez (California Assembly Speaker)
Mario Diaz-Balart (U.S. Congressman)
Darren Soto (Florida State Representative)
Bill Nelson (U.S. Senator)
Obama and Disney

The Obamas aren’t strangers to Disney, having appeared a number of times this year. President Barack Obama appeared in January for a tourism announcement and Michelle Obama was in Disney this February to celebrate the second year of her Let’s Move! initiative.

If you miss catching a glimpse of Obama

Of course, security will be tight, so if you don’t see Obama, you can catch an animatronic glimpse of him anytime at the Hall of Presidents attraction in Disney World.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Wow, I Googled it to death and all I could find was about his January trip. Thanks Ed!

Now on to the complaining...

It is starting to get a little ridiculous, there are plenty of places I wouldn't mind the security inconvenience, but Disney World is not one of them. I can not imagine my room being in the Contemporary that day. I wouldn't be surprised if the Monorails do not run while the President is inside the Contemporary.

I read here that Romney is dropping by Disney sometime soon as well?

mustBgoofy
05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=Goofy4TheWorld;2270531

I read here that Romney is dropping by Disney sometime soon as well?[/QUOTE]

Apparently Romney is speaking at that conference as well. At least that is what I read in the original release.

Ed
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
I read here that Romney is dropping by Disney sometime soon as well?

Apparently Romney is speaking at that conference as well. At least that is what I read in the original release.

Google strikes again ! :D

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will speak on June 21, organizers said.

Fastpasssteve
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I must say I really appreciate Disney Transportation within WDW. I am a person with 'control issues,' so letting go and let someone else take the wheel is a good spiritual discipline for me. And, it allows me to worry less and enjoy my time in WDW. Plus, we can all drink and not worry about having a designated driver.