PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom-- thoughts?

AJ Springfield
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
I have read about the game "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" online. I read the first Kingdom Keepers story and wonder if it is like that. I like the idea of getting cards to put in a scrapbook, but I don't think we would be interested in finding villains.

So... for those of you who have participated in it.Was it fun?? Would you do it again??

Strmchsr
05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
It was okay. Similar to the Kim Possible (soon to be Agent P) game in Epcot. My boys were amused by it for a short time, but we didn't think it was overly special. If you've been to the parks a lot, or have folks who don't like to ride the rides it's a nice distraction. Otherwise I don't think it's worth spending too much time on.

AgentC
05-23-2012, 03:16 PM
My 6 year old adores the game, but he loves to collect things especially cards and is very into computer games right. He is not a big ride person so he would rather play SMK than ride.

I think the cards are cool and if you like to collect cards you will have fun with them.

As adult, I think the game is fun and I enjoyed playing it but I wouldn't wait in a line to play it if my son didn't want to play.

Quadstriker
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
It's fun. The cards are fun to collect and are a nice keepsake. The animations are often funny and are well done. We never minded a short 3-4 person line because it was a good chance to meet some nice folks, trade cards, and talk about the game.

It's not for everyone though. Nothing is.

joanna71985
05-24-2012, 08:31 PM
I love Sorcerer's! I play all the time, and I'm on a mission to get all the cards (only 15 more to go).

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
05-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Haven't heard of this game before, can someone tell me what it is?

Crow
05-27-2012, 10:55 AM
sounds interesting, but idk if i would look out of place doing it alone. last trip my gf and i did Kim (in fact i sent her to find a location while i bought her a ring w a heart and our initials from Mexico) but she cant go this trip:(

joanna71985
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM

It's a card game. Basically you are using cards to defeat Hades and the villains, and stop them from stealing the Crystal of the Magic Kingdom. You use your park ticket to get a pack of 5 cards (and you can get 5 more cards every day, and every time you level up). Each card is worth different points, so it's fun seeing which cards do what

sounds interesting, but idk if i would look out of place doing it alone. last trip my gf and i did Kim (in fact i sent her to find a location while i bought her a ring w a heart and our initials from Mexico) but she cant go this trip:(

You won't. There are a LOT of people doing it individually (myself included).

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2012, 09:29 PM

There is more information about it this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=185377) about the announcement.

i'm grumpy
05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
The little one loved it. But it was a our last park day and to me a waste of time for the most part. And don't get me started on the coloring, water spouts, hoola hooping and jumping rope. :rant:

Didn't realize we could each get a set of cards.

mom2mickeyfan
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
How much time should we give this in our schedule? I don't want to start something and have to stop in the middle. My DS would be very unhappy about that!! Are there points that you get to that you can stop?? Any info would be great!!

joanna71985
05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
How much time should we give this in our schedule? I don't want to start something and have to stop in the middle. My DS would be very unhappy about that!! Are there points that you get to that you can stop?? Any info would be great!!

Each game will depend on how long the lines are at the portals. However, you can take breaks in between games. Or, you don't have to complete all 9 missions (you could just do a couple if you want).

AgentC
05-29-2012, 12:15 AM
We haven't completed all the missions yet. Usually we try to play 1mission when we visit because it can take up a lot of time if it is busy. If it is important to your son to play, I would try to play earlier in the day or later.

The lines seem to be worse midday. Also several of the sites do not have shaded waiting areas so it can be quite hot if there is a line in the middle of the day.