PDA

View Full Version : Must-Go Quick Service Restaurants

DisneyPrincess01
05-22-2012, 05:29 PM
What are some of your must-go Disney quick service restaurants? I am going to Disney in August and it will be my first time getting the dining plan. I am getting the quick service plan. I have not really eaten at any of the Disney restaurants so I have no idea which ones I should try. Thanks in advance!!

CajunDisneyDad
05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
We usually enjoy Columbia Harbour House in MK, also another really good one (a real treat) is Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Also there is a Wolfgang Puck in DTD that is a Quick service and the food there is excellent IMO. Epcot is more of what do you like lol. I think every country has a QS. I really like the one in Japan :)

I hope you enjoy!

MargaretMessler
05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
We usually enjoy Columbia Harbour House in MK, also another really good one (a real treat) is Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Also there is a Wolfgang Puck in DTD that is a Quick service and the food there is excellent IMO. Epcot is more of what do you like lol. I think every country has a QS. I really like the one in Japan :)

I hope you enjoy!

Another thumbs up for Columbia Harbour House and Flame Tree BBQ! EPCOT there is tons to be had, but like CajunDisneyDad points out, it's all about your taste.

PETE FROM NYC
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I will just mention the CS restaurants in the parks that we have enjoyed.

MK

Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bills
Pinnochios Village House
Columbia Harbor House

EPCOT

Electric Umbrella
Liberty Inn
Sommerfest
Sunshine Seasons

Studios

Backlot Express
Rosies All American Cafe
Studio Catering Company

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree Barbecue

You may enjoy some others, but these are the ones that DW and I recommend.

SBETigg
05-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Epcot is the best park for dining, and there are many good choices there-- Sunshine Seasons in Future World and almost anywhere in World Showcase, depending on mood. Cantina de San Angel and Tangierine Cafe are two of our favorites.

FlameTree BBQ in the Animal Kingdom is good.

At DHS, there's nothing really special for me.

In the MK, we like Columbia Harbor House, Casey's, and Pecos Bill Cafe.

Also, there is some great quick service at resorts. I love Captain Cook's at the Poly.

Briansmom
05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
These are the ones that we always return to each trip:

MK-
Columbia Harbor House
Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bill

AK
Flame Tree BBQ

EPCOT-
Sunshine Seasons

DTD
Earl of Sandwich

ElenitaB
05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
As SBETigg mentioned, some of the resorts have very good QS locations, such as the Poly, the Contemporary, Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs. The new Art of Animation looks like it's going to be pretty interesting too.

I think our favorite QS location in all of WDW is Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.

Pooh Fan
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
So my choices have all been picked already so I was thinking of sharing some of my favorite ways to use snack credits. In MK I always use one to get a giant cinamon bun at the mainstreet bakery for breakfast and another for a Dole whip float. At Epcot I must have a sweet pretzel from Norway. In DHS I get a giant muffin at Starring Roles and at AK I opt for a good ol' Mickey bar to help beat the heat. I know this deviates from your question a bit but I think all the best options for QS dining had been covered.

darthmacho
05-23-2012, 07:31 AM
We always manage to make it to Cosmic Rays in MK at least once per trip, and Pecos Bills has been another consistent favorite.

We tried Sunshine Seasons in Epcot on our last trip and I'd like to eat there again for sure!

As for the other parks, no particular favorite QS.

BrerGnat
05-23-2012, 07:54 AM
If you find yourself out by Yacht/Beach Club and want a really good cheeseburger, try Hurricane Hannah's. It's the pool bar/QS there. It's right off the walking path, so it's easily accessible. The burgers there are SO different from the rest of the QS burgers. They are the same ones that you find at Beaches and Cream, but without the 2 hour wait. :thumbsup:

I also highly recommend the freshly made sandwiches and flatbreads at Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge.

Contempo Cafe is another favorite resort QS location. Easy to get to from MK if you want a break from the parks.

DHS: Starring Rolls has good sandwiches and yummy desserts (that are "snacks" on the DDP)

AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot: Love the Mexican QS location. BIG portions of food, so it's a good value.

MK: Columbia house and Pecos Bill have been consistently good for me.

Downtown Disney: Gotta LOVE Wolfgang Puck Express, but Earl of Sandwich is also excellent!

TinkerbellT421
05-23-2012, 08:14 AM
My favs and must do CS are:

MK: Columbia Harbor House, hands down my all time favorite. Chicken strips and fry basket with a side of the AMAZING Clam Chowder. Being from New England it's hard to impress me with things like seafood and chowders but there's is by far the best I have EVER had ANYWHERE including New England restaurants.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, their pull porked sandwiches are delectable!

EPCOT: Yorkshire County Fish Shop, the CS part of United Kingdom. Best Fish and Chips, EVER.

DHS: None for CS.

DisneyPrincess01
05-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I will definitely take all of your suggestions into consideration, seeing as everyone pretty much mentioned many of the same restaurants!!

epceddie
05-24-2012, 01:41 AM
We really like Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.

Fastpasssteve
05-24-2012, 03:17 AM
I want to put in another vote for Columbia Harbour House located in the Magic Kingdom. The food is delicious and is a good value. Seating upstairs is very calm...compared with the rest of the park.

cuteduck223
05-24-2012, 10:39 AM
well, i only saw this like once or twice, but we ALWAYS get a hot dog at Caseys on main street in MK.

And probably again in the minority..we really enjoy pizza planet at HS.

KatrinaJ91
05-24-2012, 11:14 AM
We have several favorites and have used the QS plan many times...you'll love it!

MK: Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (in the Land) or ANY of the QS in the countries

DHS: Pizza Planet or Blacklot Express

AK: Flametree BBQ

DD: Earle of Sandwich

We also love the food court at Port Orleans Riverside!

disneykid99
05-26-2012, 08:25 AM
We did the quick service plan the last time we were in WDW. We really enjoyed not having ressies and having to rush anywhere. We also had plenty of food - more than enough! Some of our favorites are:
MK-
Casey's
Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bills

Epcot -
countries (especially Mexico and Japan)
Sunshine Seasons (land)

Don't normally eat meals in AK or DHS

DTD Wolf Gang Puck Express

Don't forget about your resort. We had some fun Mom's Night Out meals at the POP.

Joannelet
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Our favorites are Columbia Harbour House in MK, Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom, the fish and chips place in England in Epcot (can't think of the name of the QS right now, and pizza planet in the studios. CHH is our absolute favorite though. I never miss at least having one meal there. The others I like but I don't necessarily do them on every trip.

LandFan
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Definitely Flametree BBQ in AK!

Epcot:
Tangerine Café (Morocco)
Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe (UK)
Sunshine Seasons (The Land - huge selection!)
Kringla Bakeri Og Café (Norway)

MK:
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Rays

DHS:
None : ) I'd rather pay for and split a burger fries and a shake with DH at Sci-Fi than eat at any of the CS there even if I have the dining plan!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I have only 2 absolute cannot miss - the Columbia Harbor House in MK and the Fish and Chips stand at the UK area in Epcot.

PETE FROM NYC
05-26-2012, 06:00 PM
OK, you rad my sugestions in my previous post.Now is is an anti-sugestion. Caseys, they make lousy mystery meat franks. In fact, I have not found one enjoyable hot dog in all of Florida. Even in Universal, where they serve Nathans franks, those idiots steam them, they are made to be grilled.