PDA

View Full Version : AKL review

Pocahontas
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
My husband had to be in Orlando on business a couple weeks ago and we decided to add a few days to the trip and stay at a Disney resort that we've never tried and soak in a little Disney!

My review of the Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Pros:
Absolutely a beautiful resort - so many wonderful details everywhere you look.
Every single CM greeted us with a smile and could not have been more friendly.
The room was very nice - plenty of room, two sinks, separate sink/bathroom area, and clean (the last should be a given, but sadly isn't always true).
Never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus and there are only two areas inwhich they pick up and drop off (In comparison other deluxe resorts all share buses with multiple resorts).
Breakfast at Bomas was very good (this was the only meal we ate at AKL)

Cons:
The pool area was very nice, but I'm not sure if it would be big enough when the resort is full and there are no quiet pools.
Buses did come quickly and had only two stops, but as others have said - it's a long bus ride to any park except AK.
I'm not sure if it was just our room, but the both beds were extremely loud and creaky; however they were comfortable.
The veiwing areas are nice, but there really aren't that many different animals - at least I expected more in numbers and variety.

All in all I think it is a great resort and would recommend it. However, we most likely won't choose to stay there again, because I prefer to be at the deluxe resorts that have other modes of transportation besides just the buses.

Crow
05-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I agree, very nice resort designed by the same person that did WL(which is my fav)
agree w pool.
the 2 times i stayed i had parking lot view...so..yea.
I doubt that I would stay again cause of its location.