PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Review

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
We just got back from a 5 night stay at CSR. The hotel is beautiful - everything about it! The lobby, the lake, the landscaping, everything, just WOW! The room was very nice - we were in Casitas 4 - the beds were comfy, the pillows were fluffy, everything was clean. And I didn't think the walk around the resort was too bad.

Now, all that being said, I don't know that we will be returning, mainly because of an awful experience we had at the Pepper Market. We went for dinner and the waitress said we would only need one order form for the 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 children. Well, since each of us wanted to order from a different station, that meant that we had to wait in 4 different lines, which also meant one order form wasn't the way to go. I went to the front and got another form and then went to the grill to order my burger and fries while DH and the kids went to order the kids' chicken and plain pasta. He got the chicken, but the server plated the pasta and passed it over to the Italian food station and told DH to get in line to wait for DS' drink choice of a water bottle. Now keep in mind that these lines aren't short - I was still in line for my burger and DH was now in his second line with the pasta sitting on the counter getting cold, and he was holding DD's chicken. After about maybe 20-25 minutes, I got my sandwich and I took the kids back to the table, with chicken, but no pasta. After another maybe 5 minutes, DH brought the pasta, which had been warmed up, but then still had to go order his food! And of course, this too was NOT a short line! The kids ate, but I felt bad for DH and wanted to wait for him to eat, so of course my burger was cold when he finally sat down maybe 20 minutes later with his fajitas. Now, I can't complain about the food - everything was delicious once we finally got to eat. And our waitress was very attentive - she did check in numerous times, but really, what could she say, other than, "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what is taking so long." She finally did offer to get her manager and our meal was quickly comped, but it really just left us disappointed. What a bummer!

We did have one other issue, this one with housekeeping. One night, after returning from the parks, I realized she had only left 2 coffee packs. I called housekeeping and requested more, no big deal. We went to dinner and for a stroll around the resort. When we got back, maybe 2 hours later, there was still no coffee, so I called again. We took the kids for a swim and when we got back - still no coffee. We went to bed and I was hoping maybe they left it on the door for the morning, but no luck. I called again in the AM and they finally delivered coffee, but DH said she was NOT happy with him! So, we get back from the parks that day, and guess how many coffees were left. 4? 10? 6? Nope. 1 regular. UGH!!! We didn't even bother calling. DH went to Cafe Rix the next morning and bought coffee.

I will say that I loved Cafe Rix. There were many more choices than I thought we would have, especially for breakfast. The kids loved the bakery and the gelati!

So in summary, the resort is spectacular, Pepper Market - not so much. We did have a great trip though!

Twinsowner
05-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I would like to add something as we just returned from Coronado Springs also. We were there for 7 nights. I agree the resort is beautiful, pool fantastic, bus service very good, and overall a wonderful resort. However my only complaint is also at the pepper market, not the same one you experienced , but because the breakfast and lunch are buffet only. It would certainly help with the waiting issue that you had, but for us we only eat a small amount for breakfast and dont need a full buffet. from a financial standpoint it doesnt make any sense for us to pay for a buffet for 4 people when everyone just wants a quick bite. At the other resorts we usually buy a large meal, fruit and some milk and we just share. Now I realize Cafe Rix is there but we would like to have tried some of the offerings at the pepper market. I am sure it orks for some families but ours would enjoy the old regular menu line.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I definitely agree with you about the buffets! We didn't even try them because we just wanted something quick in the mornings and were always at the parks for lunch. Cafe Rix worked for us - fruit, muffins, bagels for breakfast. We did try the combo platter and a breakfast sandwich one morning. They were both big servings and we shared.

Crow
05-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I liked CS also, but that was before Pepper went to the buffet..havent stayed there since but almost chose it for next wks split stay.
Pepper used to b ok, and i took out pixxa before and didnt have to pay the service charge