PDA

View Full Version : Buffets..Cape May, Biergarten

Crow
05-20-2012, 11:29 PM
soo my friend likes buffets cause he thinks its a better value. which means i will have to eat at 1 or 2 this trip...
Cape May Ive never tried..heard good but some not and it seems pricey
Biergarten he mentioned again, ate there before..at least it has big:beer: and i know its cheaper for lunch.
Trails End used to b decent, but I think they stopped the buffet at lunch.
any recent exp at these places

DizneyRox
05-21-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think I would characterize any of the buffet as a value. Cape May costs just short of an arm and a leg. I LOVE seafood and last trip I downed like 8 sets of crab legs. One I got the bill, I didn't think it was worth it. That was several years ago, so prices have just gone up since then.

Biergarten, while one of my favorites, is on the expensive side as well. Better value in my mind, but only for lunch.

Trails End is probably the cheapest of the three. There's been reports lately of a drop over there, not in price, but in the buffet offerings. I can neither confirm or deny those rumors. It's not as cheap as it used to be.

We've found that by just eating normal, we've been able to manage food costs. We do one bigger meal a day. Granted, we tend to go in the summer, and don't feel like eating as much as we do drinking (water). If we went at a cooler time of the year, I'm sure we would eat more. Hate walking around in 100 degree weather stuffed to the gills.

MaresHappy
05-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Have done the Cape May buffet, and while some of items are good (clam chowder) - some of the items - well, maybe not worth what the price ends up to be. One buffet you may want to look into is Boma; great prime rib and a huge variety of unusual and excellent items, plus a bunch of very delicious dessert items (coconut tiramisu!). There are some "all you can eat" spots which aren't technically buffets yet might be worth considering such as O'Hana and Whispering Canyon (depending on your food preferences). My son and I stopped back in at Whispering Canyon this past trip and it was a nice change - they'll return as often as you want with a skillet of barbequed ribs, bbq chicken, sausage and mashed potatoes ("Man" food as I call it!). Another great place to consider would be the Garden Grill over at the Land in Epcot - an absolute favorite with an all-you-can-eat theme (such as steak, turkey, fish) and one of the best salads I've ever had - anywhere.

Crow
05-21-2012, 10:37 AM
thanks. i have eaten at Boma and last time didnt seem quite as good. plus pairing that w the location and thats where i met my 3rd wife (who still works somewhere at AKL i think) well...
I didnt think WC was that good, even though Ill b staying at WL. I liked Trails End but that was a few trips ago.
Garden Grill was good. I ate there w my gf
as far as value, i think he just sees that its all u can eat and will make a days meals out of it. i feel that its vacation and i like some signature, i mean not every day but 1 or 2 a trip and he thinks the prices at those dont justify.
i wish my gf could go...