PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter Just Graduated from High School

forever a child
05-20-2012, 08:46 PM
OK, I know teenagers graduate every year! :thumbsup: But I just had to share that my daughter graduated from HS this last friday night! :grad: She was part of a homeschool consortium group. There were 63 kids that walked friday night, the graduation ceremony was great. They really personalize it; I got to go on stage and hand DD her diploma, all of the mothers were handed white roses from their students, photographer right at stage getting the moment preserved. Photo/Music memories presented on stage on overhead screen, my daughter read the scripture verse, and a nice cake and punch reception afterwords! It was a wonderful evening and I could not be more proud of her (Intercot member: Just-Keep-Swimming). So I had to share it here! :blush:

She is off to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio to major in Mechanical Engineering with the dream of one day becoming a Disney Imagineer! Pray for her as she will possibly be the next generation to help keep Walt's dream alive. His dream inspired my daughter to believe that she could become an engineer and make anything possible!:magic:

SBETigg
05-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Congratulations! It does feel like quite a milestone, doesn't it? Best wishes to her and I hope she succeeds in her plans.

ElenitaB
05-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Congratulations to your daughter (and to you as well)!

deedeebee
05-20-2012, 10:39 PM
That's wonderful:thumbsup: I will have three in high school in the fall:confused: I'll be glad when one is done. And welcome back to Michigan!!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Congrats!! My 3rd of 4 will graduate in a few weeks and then two days after that, we'll be heading down to WDW for 10 days of Mother/Daughter bliss.

Mech. Eng. - cool - that's what my DH's degree is in - I get high end kitchen appliances free because of where he works. :)

forever a child
05-20-2012, 10:57 PM
That's wonderful:thumbsup: I will have three in high school in the fall:confused: I'll be glad when one is done. And welcome back to Michigan!!!

Good luck deedeebee with the HS years. They seem long and difficult but they really are a gift so cherish them!

Thanks for the welcome back (can't wait to hit the lakes!). It will be short term (about a year) while I figure out what this single mom now empty nester has in store! Plus I get to spend a little time with my last surviving grandparent (my 86 year old grandmother) and my elderly mother and father. My father is not in great health either. Having not been able to see them much over the last 6 years it should be a nice time to re-connect. But I want to move somewhere warm again...it's all an adventure!

Katzateer
05-21-2012, 08:23 AM
The home schools programs have some nice graduations. My youngest graduates in a couple of weeks and I know she is not looking forward to the ceremony-outside and too many people.

Then the next week she has her final dance recital after 14 years of them. She is looking forward to that. The 3 seniors are honored and she is planning a surprise for her teachers.

minnie04
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
:congrats: Best of luck to her in the future !! :mickey:

forever a child
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Thank you everyone, I am very proud of her! We are excited! Busy week of packing for our move back to Michigan!!!! Ugh :unsure:

DVC2004
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Late on this, but congrats!

princessgirls
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Congratulations!!!!

May God continue to bless her!

Julie:mickey:

forever a child
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Late on this, but congrats!

Congratulations!!!!

May God continue to bless her!

Julie:mickey:

Thank You! She is really excited! Looking forward to enjoying the summer together and planning for the big move-in day this fall. Yep, I'm proud of her! :blush:

:mickey: