PDA

View Full Version : Walking from EPCOT to DHS

MargaretMessler
05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
In all the trips I've taken to WDW, I never realized this was possible and now I've seen several references to it here. What kind of a route is that, what direction to you head from, etc. Might be mildly interested in giving it a shot. Anyone know the actual distance, I'm a pretty fast walker, so the times of between 10-30 minutes people have mentioned are probably a little longer than it would take me.

GAN
05-20-2012, 03:47 PM
You would leave through the International Gateway, near France, heading towards the BW/BC. I'm guessing, but I'd say it is probably just under a mile -maybe 3/4mi. So you could get there in around 15min or less.

BrerGnat
05-20-2012, 03:51 PM
EPCOT has an entrance called the International Gateway. It's back in World Showcase between UK and France pavilions. If you exit there, the Epcot resorts are all there around a big lake. If you head left towards the Boardwalk Resort, follow that path all the way to DHS. The distance from one park entrance to the other is about 1.25 miles or so. You can't walk it in under about 15 min. I walk very fast and it takes me 15-20 min.

BugeyedMuggy
05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
We always do the walk. We never take the boats unless it is pouring. You can always enjoy the shops on the Boardwalk or take the BC & YC route and check out the resorts. So many things to see.

MargaretMessler
05-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks! :-) I will definitely check that out next year. I have gone over to Boardwalk via the Intenational Gateway before...just didn't realize if you kept going you got to DHS.

Crow
05-20-2012, 11:07 PM
i do it a few times every trip. its around a mile. i cut thru the pool area at BWI usually. around 20 min less if u dont stop. I will be doing it again next wk. its a good way to see the BW and the river

SBETigg
05-20-2012, 11:40 PM
You can walk it or take the boat. Walking will be faster than the boat, but I have usually worn myself out with walking by the time I head to DHS and take the boat. It's a lovely route, mostly along the same waterway the boat will take from the International Gateway to DHS.

brad817
05-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Take a look at it on Google Earth or Google Maps. That will give you a good idea of the path and length.