PDA

View Full Version : Naming my new (old) Trailer

diz_girl
05-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, we've done it. Yesterday our trailer was delivered. We bought a vintage Airstream, a 1967 Safari 22'. I'd love to attach a photo, but I don't know how. It's usable now, but needs some work in order to restore it to it's original condition.

Anyway, it is customary to name a vintage Airstream, so I've been trying to come up with names. I was originally going to give it the name Lucy (after Lucille Ball in the movie the Long, Long Trailer), however it didn't seem right. I wanted to do an old-fashioned name, like Lucy, Fred, Ethel, Louise, or Madge, but nothing felt right.

Well, I was in the car after the trailer was delivered and a name finally came to me that felt right and I was wondering what everyone thought about it. The name that came to mind was (drum roll please)....

Minnie

The funny thing is that before I even bought the trailer I purchased melanine Mickey plates and Minnie bowls from Target that were going to be used in the trailer, so I think that Minnie is it.

Yes, I know that since this is a Disney Website, that you will be a little biased about the name, but what do you think of it?

Cinderelley
05-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Sounds like the perfect choice. It fits all your criteria.

VWL Mom
05-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Minnie sounds like a great choice, enjoy!

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Minnie sounds perfect!!

While I don't have an Airstream, I named my Grand Cherokee Ferdinand (Ferdie, for short) for the gentle bull in the book by the same name. Kind of silly, maybe, but it fits.

micky95
05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
love the name.my wife just purchased a 05 jeep liberty and named it thumper.it wasnt for the rabbit in the movie but it had a faultey fuel pump that made a thumping sound,but with us being disney nuts it was fitting.i made her a thumper tire cover along with a custom disney themed stripe on each side.enjoy minnie:thumbsup:

Ed
05-21-2012, 07:54 AM
'67 Airstream, huh ? :thumbsup: Congrats - - that's a great trailer.

We have a 36' fifth wheel. When we were looking over the behemoth at the dealer, I commented "this thing is a moose" and its name was immediately born - - Bullwinkle. :deer2: (Okay, that's a deer - we don't seem to have a moose smiley.)

The truck we pull it with, therefore, is named Rocky. :squirrel: