PDA

View Full Version : What is a TIW card?

E-OR
05-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Have seen this a couple times now and not sure what it is. Can someone please let me know. We have the free dining and are trying to decide if it would be better to book with room discount now and hope they will release a fall AP discount later, since my son and I have AP's, and then pay for meals OOP. Any ideas?

Friend of Figment
05-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Tables in Wonderland is available for $75 to annual pass holders. It is good for 13 months. You get 20% off food and beverages (including alcohol) at most table service restaurants and at quick service where that is the only or primary option (eg Value Resorts). They add an 18% tip automatically.

For us, it is a better deal than the dining plans. Within one trip, it pays for itself whether you figure that you are saving the full 20% or the 2%difference between the tip and discount. We haven't noticed a difference in the quality of service based on an automatic tip being included.

Unless you only or mainly eat counter service, TIW is great.

E-OR
05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Does each AP holder have to have a TIW card or can one AP holder purchase the card and use it for everyone that is eating. This, along with the Resort AP discount would be a better option for us, especially if only one of us has to purchase the card since we always eat together anyway.

Crow
05-20-2012, 12:45 AM
you only need 1 TIW card, its good for like a party of 10 or so i think. so if you eat together, only one of you needs it. you can use it at resort TS also. so thats why Im going to get it

gardenia
05-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Just be aware, with TIW you can't split the bill, the TIW owner has to pay it. All. Of course you can always settle up afterward if that's an issue....