PDA

View Full Version : Make-up -What's your favorite?

bleukarma
05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
We have a similar thread on moisturizer, how about make-up? I mentioned in the other thread that I have very sensitive skin on my face. I've always used Clinique foundation and never had a problem with it. However I would LOVE to switch to a cheaper brand. Anything you can buy at Walgreens, for half the price. Is there a difference? Do you believe in "you get what you pay for?" My heart is telling me to stick with what I'm used since I have sensitive skin. My mind is screaming to find something cheaper. For other things like eyeliner and lipstick I just buy it at Walgreens. But foundation and powder I use Clinique.

DVC2004
05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I love makeup! I am a girly- girl all the way. I use different things. Loreal mineral powder makeup on my face (so far has been the best with my oily skin and looks natural, doesn't settle into lines), MAC lipstick/lipgloss, MAC cream blush, and then LORAC for all eye makeup. LORAC eyeshadow is awesome- blends nice, stays on all day and the color is so pure.

I do think you get what you pay for most of the time. Not mascara though, that I use the cheapie stuff. The other stuff, I know there's a difference because I used the drug store brands before. I might use some things here and there but unless they change for the worse my MAC and LORAC is here to stay.

tinkerbell04
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I have completely converted to Bare Minerals for everything except for mascara...still love my Maybeline Great Lengths :)

TheVBs
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I used to exclusively use MAC make up. I still think it's great make up! But, I think you really can find quality make up out there at places like Target and CVS. I've been really happy with Physician's Formula blushes and Burt's Bees lip tints. But, I've also completely changed the way I wear make up. I now put on the bare minimum and rarely have the patience for mascara and lipstick anymore. I also don't have allergies, so I can't help there. The downside is the experimenting. You may lose a little money on products finding something new you like, but it may be worth it!

Disney Doll
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I have completely converted to Bare Minerals for everything except for mascara...still love my Maybeline Great Lengths :)

Ditto! Bare Minerals is fabulous! It's light, but still covers, it's great for your skin, it's easy to apply, and it's so comfortable.

Kairi_7378
05-18-2012, 11:41 PM
I switch between Clinique and the new Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation.

TinkerbellT421
05-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been using strictly Avon products for years. Won't use any others, sensitive skin and I can't tell you how many products I used that everyone makes me break out. So I stick with what I know won't make me break out in an unkindly rash lol

magicofdisney
05-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm a Bare Escentuals gal but I know it's not for everyone. For a brief period, when I wore it, my face would be itchy when I got hot. I don't know what caused that or why it's stopped, however I have a few friends that still cannot wear it for that reason.

Before I began wearing BE, I wore whatever was on sale with cover girl, maybelline, almay, ect. I think it all has great potential if it works with your skin. Sometimes you just have to experiment. One thing I've noticed over the last few years is that more and more brands are switching to more natural ingredients. I know this is helpful for sensitive skin.

Cinderelley
05-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I am taking a trip to Vegas in about a week with friends who will make me laugh so hard I will be crying. Anyone know any good waterproof makeup?

Kenny1113
05-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I have recently discovered Bobbi Brown, and love it!!!!!!

diz_girl
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
I have recently discovered Bobbi Brown, and love it!!!!!!

:ditto:

I use various products from -
Bobbi Brown (foundation, blush, lipstick)
Trish McEvoy (mascara)
Paula Dorf (concealer)
Laura Mercier (eyeliner)
Loreal (transclucent powder)

DizNee143
06-04-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm alittle late to the game..but here's what use..
Foundation - bare minerals
Mascara - Mac zoomlash
Eye liner - Avon

kakn7294
06-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I use Everyday Minerals foundation and blush. It's much cheaper than Bare Minerals and unless they have recently changed the formula, Bare Minerals has an ingredient that bothers a lot of people that's not in Everyday Minerals. My favorite mascara is Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping - it's the first product that for me will wear all day without flaking, washes off easily, and actually makes my short and sparse lashes look good without being all clumpy.

DisneyDog
06-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I used to use Bare Minerals, but Maybelline has a line that is pretty much exactly the same at a fraction of the cost. I have been wearing that for a few years now and love it.

SurferStitch
06-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". Now, I'm a self-confessed makeup junkie, but there are several brands I can't live without. Sephora is my candy store!!

Foundation:
- Dior Air Flash (super light yet total coverage. I apply with a makeup sponge.)
- SmashBox BB cream (Just started using it. Sometimes alone, sometimes with just a touch of the Air Flash on top)
- Tart pressed powder (all cheaper powders tend to turn orangy on me over time, but this one stays true)

Eyeshadow:
Bare Escentuals
Urban Decay
Kat Von D

Eyeliners:
Bobbie Brown gel eyeliners
MAC gel eyeliners
Urban Decay pencils

Mascara:
Dior Iconic
Noir - Film Noir
Bare Escentuals - Buxom