PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks?

NewDVCowner
05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
The day I get to make my ADR's is quickly approaching. This year we're going to try The Wave - this is our first trip where we're going to eat outside of the Park. I no so little about this hotel or restaurant so here's my question.

1.) Can you see the fireworks from The Wave if you're there at the right time?

2.) When would be the right time to make that reservation for? We're going to be there Thanksgiving week.

Thanks so much!

MNNHFLTX
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
If I remember correctly (I've eaten at the Wave a couple of times) The Wave is on the interior of the Contemporary Resort and there are no windows at all. So your best bet would be to make an ADR early enough so that when you finish you can either go up to the observation deck in the Contemporary or walk over to the Magic Kingdom to watch.

NewDVCowner
05-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks. Good to know.

faline
05-18-2012, 05:56 PM
The Wave is located on the ground floor of the Contemporary. There are no windows and there is no view outside the restaurant.

The fireworks observation deck is located on the 4th floor of the Contempoary.

If you want a restaurant at the Contemporary with a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks, you'd need to book California Grill. If you book an earlier dinner, you'd still be allowed to return to the observation decks outside this restaurant on tht same evening. If your table does not have a view of the Magic Kingdom, they are happy to interrupt your meal while you venture out onto one of the observations decks to watch.