PDA

View Full Version : Party of 6 - where to stay?

DadofTwins
05-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Down to 3 choices for our 4 night trip in July Party of 6 - me, DW, and FOUR 17 year olds (2 girls and 2 boys). We are letting the twins each take a friend.

Choices- 2 bedroom suite at Beach Club, 2 adjoining rooms at Beach Club, or 2 adjoining rooms at AKL. The two options at Beach Club cost about the same and AKL is a good bit cheaper although that is not an issue.

DW thinks the Beach Club would be best but I'm not sure. Any opinions out there?? If we stay at Beach Club, which option is best?

MargaretMessler
05-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Down to 3 choices for our 4 night trip in July Party of 6 - me, DW, and FOUR 17 year olds (2 girls and 2 boys). We are letting the twins each take a friend.

Choices- 2 bedroom suite at Beach Club, 2 adjoining rooms at Beach Club, or 2 adjoining rooms at AKL. The two options at Beach Club cost about the same and AKL is a good bit cheaper although that is not an issue.

DW thinks the Beach Club would be best but I'm not sure. Any opinions out there?? If we stay at Beach Club, which option is best?

I think I would go with the suite at Beach Club. Presumably the living room type area would have a pull out, and that way you have three "rooms", one for each set of kids and one for the parents.

stephicakes
05-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I like the idea of a BC 2 bdrm! There are 6 of us going and that is what we are doing for our trip in September. The 2 teenage girls we are bringing are sharing the pull-out couch. That way we are still all together but have our private spaces too.

:mickey:
steph

Pirate Granny
05-16-2012, 07:51 AM
If they want to swim....beach club...best of the Disney pools. I believe if you get a 2 bedroom you'd be staying in the timeshare units, which will have a full kitchen and washer and dryer in the unit. Also lots for the young almost adults to do at night. If you rent points for the timeshare it will be half the cost of purchasing from Disney...if they are available.

Imalismom
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Have you looked at a deluxe room at the wilderness lodge? An added bonus is the deluxe rooms have access to all concierge services.

AgentC
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
AKL and the Yacht/Beach Club area are two of my favorite resorts.

Based on the group that is going, you would probably be most comfortable in the 2 bedroom since as someone else mentioned you would get three rooms- dedicated master, 2nd bedroom and living room with pull out. The two adjoining rooms as going to give you 2 queen size beds in both rooms.

Location wise I think it depends which parks you think you will go to first. While I love AKL, I always have a car when I stay there. Beach Club is really convenient since you can walk to Epcot or DHS, boat to DHS and if you don't want to take the us you can pick up the monorail to go to MK..

brownie
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Beach Club has the advantage of location. You're a walk away from Epcot and Hollywood Studios can be reached by boat or a long walk.

DizneyRox
05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
2 bedroom units are a real treat... Beach Club is nice, but I'd look into a 2BR at AKL (Kidani, not jambo). Renting the points from a DVC member will save you quite a bit of cash too.

spoiledraf
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
We did actually three rooms for us and our kids. It was great to have the privacy when you wanted it but we had connecting rooms for the little ones when they wanted to run back and forth. Love the Beach Club but doing a couple rooms at Poly CL for the first time to be close:) to MK for the kids.
Have fun no matter where you end up.

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Beach Club has the advantage of location. You're a walk away from Epcot and Hollywood Studios can be reached by boat or a long walk.I agree. This would be my choice of your options. :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
05-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I think a two bedroom is the way to go, but like another poster mentioned you might check into a two bedroom at Kidani. The two bedroom villas at Kidani will have 3 bathrooms while most other two bedrooms only have 2 baths. Beach Club has the advantage of location, but I would see that as less of an issue because you are essentially all adults and your teens will be able to easily navigate the bus system if you decide to split up. Kidani doesn't have the location, but in my opinion it's a nicer resort. That master will blow you away. Plus, if there is a pool on property that can rival Beach Club, it's at Kidani.

TikiLounger
05-19-2012, 11:37 AM
The Beach Club. It's a beautiful resort...our favorite. You just can't beat the location and Stormalong Bay is, by far, the best pool. We've done 2 rooms at the Beach Club, the Poly, and 3rooms at the Wilderness Lodge, but we've always wanted to try a suite.

tdk316
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
2BR at Beach Club - we bought DVC there with the idea that when our boys are teens it'll be a place with something for them to do at night if we're not in the parks. They can walk over to Boardwalk and play some games, check out ESPN, go to Beaches & Cream, rent a bike, etc. plus the pool is fantastic. If you're not using a car, Epcot is a three minute walk and the Studios are about 20 minutes from BCV. At AKL it seemed like we were waiting for DAYS for each bus to arrive and then when it did arrive it took another couple of days for it to get where we were going.

DadofTwins
05-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Dedided to stay in two adjoining club level rooms at Beach Club. Really no way to make a bad decision, but it just seemed best for us. We have never done club level before so we are really looking forward to it. Glad thats over!!!!

spoiledraf
05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Good choice in my opinion. Like I mentioned in an above post, a little seperation and privacy in seperate rooms is a plus. Not to mention you are in the best resort on property IMO!
ENJOY!