PDA

View Full Version : Pop access to Art of Animation

Going2HeavenRU
05-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Is there a way to walk from Pop to Art of Animation?

Chernabog1326
05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
There is a bridge that connects the two properties. It used to dead end before you got to the other side. I imagine extending it is part of the plan. I would like to see it completed soon as I am visiting POP in late August, and I like to go for a run in the early morning and the change in scenery will be nice.

Strmchsr
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
The above info is correct. Just wanted to add I was looking over that bridge yesterday and it doesn't seem they're ready to create access yet, at least with phase one, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I would imagine the bridge will eventually open to connect the two.

MargaretMessler
05-14-2012, 08:57 PM
I am hoping for it to be open next year as I am going twice, in May and September, at least once will be a Pop Century stay. Was hoping for Art of Animation, but it seems like the rooms there are tremendously more expensive than Pop. At least for room only reservations.

brownie
05-15-2012, 11:05 AM
There's also a path around Hourglass Lake that will get you to Art of Animation.

LandFan
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Was hoping for Art of Animation, but it seems like the rooms there are tremendously more expensive than Pop. At least for room only reservations.

The Little Mermaid (single) rooms are the same price... I just switched from Pop to AofA for the end of this September and it was the same price.

M Riddle
06-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Did they open up the bridge that connects Pop and AoA?

MargaretMessler
06-02-2012, 06:29 PM
The Little Mermaid (single) rooms are the same price... I just switched from Pop to AofA for the end of this September and it was the same price.

Yeah, I think I was getting mixed up and looking at the prices for the suites. :confused: Too much WDW research all at once I guess. :mickey:

Grumpy.
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
One thing I'm surprised with is access to the pool at AoA is controlled via RFID chip in your key to the world. The rules state you must be an AoA resort guest to use the pool. I know that anyone staying at any of the other value resorts can use any of the pools at any of the other values.

Christine
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I am staying at A of A right now. The bridge is open.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c7cDo7gsqN4/T8qoDSQLJZI/AAAAAAAACFc/ekdq6Lw6dPQ/s1600/IMG_2793-756606.jpg

The pool is indeed gated. But the gate is opening with or without our room key.

I'm doing a report live while here. I'll add pics as I can

disneykid99
06-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Looking forward to your report Cantgetenuff. We are excited to here about AoA. We are staying there as a suprise to our kids in Sept - they think we are going to our usual POP :mickey: Thank you!

Sylvia
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I know that anyone staying at any of the other value resorts can use any of the pools at any of the other values.

As far as I know this is only true at the All Stars. Anyone staying at one of the AS resorts (Music, Movies, Sports) can use the pools at all three resorts.

You can use the pool at POP only if you're a registered guest there.

MargaretMessler
06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
As far as I know this is only true at the All Stars. Anyone staying at one of the AS resorts (Music, Movies, Sports) can use the pools at all three resorts.

You can use the pool at POP only if you're a registered guest there.

That is my understanding as well.

Melanie
06-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Bridge is definitely open as Christine said. We checked it out this afternoon. Looks wonderful!!

I'm going to post my pics later tonight on our ICOT Facebook page. I really liked what I saw.

Christine
06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Bridge is definitely open as Christine said. We checked it out this afternoon. Looks wonderful!!

I'm going to post my pics later tonight on our ICOT Facebook page. I really liked what I saw.

Aw, Wish I'd known- we stayed at the pool Til 5- coulda said hi.

Melanie
06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Aw, Wish I'd known- we stayed at the pool Til 5- coulda said hi.

Girl, we walked around the pool area and I did keep an eye open for you. :( We were probably the only ones out there in clothes. lol

goofygirl67
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Does AofA have it's own bus or does it share with POP?

Christine
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Does AofA have it's own bus or does it share with POP?

It had its own. Out the front between the lobby & gift shop like the other values.
I didn't ride it (we stayed at the resort and didn't go to the park) so I don't know if they swing thru pop of share a PARK bus stop or not. But they have their own bus stop at the resort

Mel, we were IN the water because it was SO hot outside ! Man!

We're you able to take a tour?

*ETA- Mel- I'm IN your twitter picture! That's me catching the link frisbee and John is in the tan cap! LOL!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM
*ETA- Mel- I'm IN your twitter picture! That's me catching the link frisbee and John is in the tan cap! LOL!!

:funny: That is too strange! So close!

But, I'm excited that AoA is as great as we all hoped.

SandmanGStefani24
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c7cDo7gsqN4/T8qoDSQLJZI/AAAAAAAACFc/ekdq6Lw6dPQ/s1600/IMG_2793-756606.jpg

Thanks so much for the pic! Getting a little "homesick"! :mickey:

mommy2maddi
06-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Can't wait to see the pics! Glad the bridge is open. We were going to do POP in December but are switching to AoA since it's practically the same price!!! :mickey: