PDA

View Full Version : Closing Time Question

Urbss
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm looking at the dates in November and I am a bit confused about the closing times.

On one of the nights we will be going to EPCOT, the park is scheduled to close at 9:30. But at the same time Illuminations is supposed to start at 9:30. To me this doesn't make any sense.

I see the same thing at MK for a closing time at 8:00 with Wishes scheduled to start at 8:00.

Can anyone explain this to me?
Will transportation (via the monorail) be an issue?

Thanks,
Tom

BugeyedMuggy
05-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Illuminations is always at closing in Epcot with the exception of EMH. Everything will close and after the fireworks people exit the park.

DVC2004
05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
The Fireworks and Illuminations begin at that time but it's "officially" closing time once those finish. Even then, people take their time leaving and filtering out. Some people may still be on rides when those shows start, too. Transportation is not an issue as the monorail, buses and watercraft run for a few more hours after closing. So, you'll be fine to stay for the goodnight send off and not have to worry about missing your ride.

MargaretMessler
05-14-2012, 06:22 PM
The Fireworks and Illuminations begin at that time but it's "officially" closing time once those finish. Even then, people take their time leaving and filtering out. Some people may still be on rides when those shows start, too. Transportation is not an issue as the monorail, buses and watercraft run for a few more hours after closing. So, you'll be fine to stay for the goodnight send off and not have to worry about missing your ride.

And if you've already seen the show, it might be a worthwhile strategy to find yourself in the vicinity of the ride queues for those most popular rides near the end of the night. Anyone who is in line when the lines close up is allowed to ride.

LudwigVonDrake
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Transportation is never an issue. Buses and monorails run a couple of hours after official closing time and even then Disney will not strand you.

brownie
05-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Transportation is never an issue. Buses and monorails run a couple of hours after official closing time and even then Disney will not strand you.

I think the Epcot monorail only runs for an hour after Epcot's regular closing time (not after extra magic hours.) Hopefully someone can confirm or correct this.

Urbss
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I think the Epcot monorail only runs for an hour after Epcot's regular closing time (not after extra magic hours.) Hopefully someone can confirm or correct this.

This was one of my main concerns.

Urbss
05-16-2012, 05:56 PM

This was one of my concerns.

AmandaChan
05-16-2012, 06:46 PM

When we had late reservations for Teppan Edo a long time ago we just took our time leaving Epcot and got on a monorail for MK. We didn't even consider the monorail and when it closed, but I'm pretty sure we were the last ones to ride it that night, haha. That park was beyond empty when we left. It was surreal.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
You are never going to get stranded leaving from a Disney park.

If you're so super late that the monorail has stopped running, there will be a bus.

We've been crazy late out of Epcot (late ADR at Rose & Crown, then a slow walk through the empty park) and there was still a CM ensuring all of us stragglers got back to our resorts without any issue.