PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird that I play Spectromagic music every morning?

AmandaChan
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
It might be a little weird but when I am sitting around with my babies when we wake up in the AM I play the audio for them. I really hope that it comes back by the time we return in a couple years b/c my kids will have it burned in their brains.

stephicakes
05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Awwwww! Not weird at all! What a great way to start their day :sun:

Plus you will always have that memory and think about that sweet time together whenever you hear that music :)

steph

Auntie B
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't think of a better way to start the day!

CajunDisneyDad
05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Not at all. DS1 makes me play "Grim Grinning Ghost" at least 3 times everytime we go somewhere! ITs great pulling up to church with that song playing lol

Daisy'sMom
05-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Fridays are my big cleaning day and if you come to my house, you will here WDW music all day. I have several cds from the parks and they play the entire time I am cleaning.:mickey:

texas211
05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
No, not at all. Now if its the it's a small world, yeah that might be insane.

Kairi_7378
05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
No, not at all. Now if its the it's a small world, yeah that might be insane.

:blush: I sang It's a Small World to my son every day last year reading up to the trip. He actually started singing it on the boat as they waved us off last year.

I have been known to play the theme from Soarin' loudly when I clean, too :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Not weird at all...that's my ringtone on my cell! :mickey:

WDW-Geek
05-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Not weird at all. I often play area music (Adventureland and Frontierland especially) in my office to help me get through the day.

Jeri Lynn
05-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I have a lot of Disney music, I'm glad you posted this because I don't have it on my iphone and I need to add it into my itunes library. Before I got my new car I had cd's.

Think I'll do that today. And no, it's not weird, my disney music always puts a smile on my face!!

disneydeb
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
I sang It's a Small World to my daughters everynight as a lullaby. They are Disney NUTS now that they are grown.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
05-15-2012, 08:23 PM
So weird I found this because I have been playing that one for a few weeks now also. I was going to get on here an ask if anyone knew when it was coming back. As much as I love the Electric parade I love Spectromagic even more and miss it dearly. ON this magic night.....:mickey:

Wolf
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Spectromagic is def my fav as well, I'm listening to Haunted Mansion right now in my office. All the muggles (Non-magical folk) think I'm weird...

AmandaChan
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
So weird I found this because I have been playing that one for a few weeks now also. I was going to get on here an ask if anyone knew when it was coming back. As much as I love the Electric parade I love Spectromagic even more and miss it dearly. ON this magic night.....:mickey:

It's def the perfect music for the end of a magical day at MK! I know lots of people love EP but there is something special about Spectromagic! I dearly hope it comes back eventually.

AmandaChan
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I knew you all wouldn't think it was too crazy! I can only imagine what my friends or coworkers would think of me. haha :mickey:

minnie-mouse
05-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Not at all! I have "Celebrate a Dream Come True" parade music in my car and play it forthe kids all the time. I tend to play it in the car when I am by myself too. :secret: :mickey:

DisneyDawgette
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I definitely just listened to Illuminations and Wishes on my way home. I'm in no place to judge. ;)

elmjimmlm
05-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I listen to Soarin' everyday and I LOVE it!!!:mickey:

texas211
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I do play the Epcot music.

SandmanGStefani24
05-17-2012, 01:02 PM
i had a cd in my car of WDW ride music and park music when i was going through a rough patch in my previous job. i would listen to it going to work because i really didn't want to be there and it would perk me up a bit. days are better in my new field but i still have it for fun here and there.

ryca1dreams
05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
It might be weird if you covered your car in lights and drove your babies/kids around the neighborhood while playing Spectromagic music. Then again, that might be pretty cool.

Princess'Mom
05-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Not at all. DS1 makes me play "Grim Grinning Ghost" at least 3 times everytime we go somewhere! ITs great pulling up to church with that song playing lol

:funny::funny: I love it!

Not weird what so ever - playing Disney music sends me to my happy place.

SandmanGStefani24
05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
It might be weird if you covered your car in lights and drove your babies/kids around the neighborhood while playing Spectromagic music. Then again, that might be pretty cool.

I would love this!! Maybe there should be town parades doing tributes...or downtown disney parades where you can take your car (or rental) and doll it up! :number1: Let's make this happen lol

BIGDOG
05-20-2012, 12:53 AM
What CD would you recommend if someone wanted to play some theme park music? I never knew there was such a cd out there. I would only want to buy one that only had music played at the parks to remind me.

darthmacho
05-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I think its weird that you only play it in the mornings... ;)

Buttercup
05-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Not weird at all.

I'm a photographer, which means when I'm not out shooting pictures, I'm in front of my computer editing them. I have Live365.com on about 9-10 hours a day listening to Disney park audio while I work.

I guess my kids must hear a lot of it because when my daughter was 2, she could say the entire stretching room scene from the Haunted Mansion verbatim! lol Nothing is funnier than hearing a 2yo girl say "your cadaverous palour betrays an aura of foreboding..." :D

We also have our favorites burned onto a CD in our car as well so we all listen to Disney sounds all year long! I kinda like warping my children's minds into becoming the future generation of Disney nerds!

AmandaChan
05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
another great song to play... splash mountain audio!

AmandaChan
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Nothing is funnier than hearing a 2yo girl say "your cadaverous palour betrays an aura of foreboding..." :D

I think that should be my son's first full sentence :D Ima get right on this.....

dizneydeb22
05-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Not weird at all.

I'm a photographer, which means when I'm not out shooting pictures, I'm in front of my computer editing them. I have Live365.com on about 9-10 hours a day listening to Disney park audio while I work.

I guess my kids must hear a lot of it because when my daughter was 2, she could say the entire stretching room scene from the Haunted Mansion verbatim! lol Nothing is funnier than hearing a 2yo girl say "your cadaverous palour betrays an aura of foreboding..." :D

We also have our favorites burned onto a CD in our car as well so we all listen to Disney sounds all year long! I kinda like warping my children's minds into becoming the future generation of Disney nerds!

Is there a particular station that you listen to?

Aurora
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Picturing this in my mind's eye is making me laugh over and over again.

Nothing is funnier than hearing a 2yo girl say "your cadaverous palour betrays an aura of foreboding..." :D

In a teeny tiny voice... :silly:

AmandaChan
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM

my children are too young to be embarrassed by me, so I guess I better start on it now!

madhatterrules
05-21-2012, 10:07 PM
:sing:

MadMadamMim
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm a high school teacher and I play music from the parks in my classroom all the time, my kiddos initially think I'm nuts but eventually by October sometime, the smile whenever I put it on.

AmandaChan
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm a high school teacher and I play music from the parks in my classroom all the time, my kiddos initially think I'm nuts but eventually by October sometime, the smile whenever I put it on.

if dh was ever a teacher he would totally do this. those kids don't know how cool their teacher is!

TikiLounger
05-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Nope. Not weird at all. I play Grim Grinnin' Ghosts, Pirates of the Caribbean music (YoHo!), and the Soarin' theme quite often. Sometimes, I even play the Swisskapolka.

AdventurerKim
05-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Frequently we set the ipod so that we wake up to Disney music, either a theme park song or a movie song. I love waking up to "Grim Grinning Ghosts" or The Main Street Electrical Parade music. This is the best way to begin a work day.

I love the idea of the car decked out in lights playing the Spectromagic music! That would be awesome to see and/or do!

hoop de do
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
As long as you don't start playing "It's a small World", everything should be OK.

:thedolls:

slegrant
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Not weird at all. i am listening to Disney music right now! Living Sea main theme is on now:mickey:

jennsky
05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
So happy I'm not the only one who does this! I even have park audio on my ipod for my commutes to work. Well, that's only for when I don't have Intercot podcasts to listen to! :)

E-OR
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
My son bought me a CD pack with all the ride music, old and new rides, that I have in my car and play almost every day. I love to listen to the music from splash mountain, haunted mansion, and POTC the most. It helps pass the time waiting for upcoming trips. I think that us Disney Junkies can appreciate what you are doing.

goofygirl67
05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
No, it's perfectly normal for any Disney freaks like us.

LudwigVonDrake
05-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I must admit I do miss that song :mickey:

AmandaChan
05-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I would like to have a good disc with the music on it, in the mean time I made a youtube playlist with a bunch of attractions (spectro, splash mountain, spaceship earth, COP, epcot area music (my favorite), haunted mansion, figment, muppet vision, audio of peoplemover ride)... what else should I add? hmm.

AmandaChan
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I must admit I do miss that song :mickey:

It IS only the most amazing song/parade ever... I solely blame that parade on being a wdw freak for life. The first time I saw the parade I fell in love and the rest is history...... :mickey::mickey: