PDA

View Full Version : Late seatings at Epcot for dinner

Davy Crockett
05-14-2012, 12:32 PM
How are late seatings handled when dining at Epcot? If the park closes at 9:00 and you have ADR's for 8:45 at Le Cellier will they rush you to finish or let you enjoy your dinner? Normally if we set reservations that late the DW and I are eatting at one of the resort signature locations and it makes no difference.

dizneydeb22
05-14-2012, 12:58 PM
We had a late reservation at Teppan Edo. We did not feel rushed at all. I'm sure that if they take late reservations like that, they are prepared to stay late.

Hope you have a relaxing meal!

Davy Crockett
05-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks DizneyDeb! That night is our traditional Parents night out and I've been able to lock in a 6:15 and an 8:45 and before I cancel one I wanted to see what others real experiences have been. We would like to go and ride a couple of "Big Kid" rides before or after dinner and being that DHS closes at 9:00 that night if we took the earlier seating it would not leave much time after to do those rides, but I don't anyone rushing our Parent dinner either... so I felt I needed EXPERT input.

dizneydeb22
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Don't you just love those Parents nights! My husband have just started getting those recently! You picked a great restaurant also!
Have a magical night!

SBETigg
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
They don't rush you at all, to my experience. We actually finished a meal at Bistro de Paris after transportation had stopped running (or so we assumed, it was late) and we simply walked out the International Gateway and caught a cab from the Beach Club. Well worth it.

AmandaChan
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
We had late res at teppan edo once and while it was nice walking thru WS alone I definitely felt rushed after the food was made and it was clear that the rest of our table did too :(

Kenny1113
05-14-2012, 04:02 PM
We did a late (I don't know If it was 845 late) reservation at chefs de France. We were so impressed! We expressed that we wished to watch illuminations. The mgr came out and said we could go out and watch it and then come back to have our desert which was included with some of the meals that we ordered! We were not rushed at all. :)

Davy Crockett
05-14-2012, 10:13 PM
I really appreciate your input and insight. I think we'll stay with the late seating and give up the earlier to enable us to do a few activities before the parks close. :princess::prince: Here's to an enchated evening!

epceddie
05-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Have a great night. If anyone rushes you out of a restaurant, they should be ashamed of themselves. You are guests and should be treated as such with courtesy and professionalism. Except for T-Rex, which was horribly noisy and chaotic with screaming children everywhere, we have had great restaurant experiences at WDW. The hard-working waiters and waitresses have always taken good care of us. We've found them to be very friendly and extremely accomodating.

biodtl
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
We have done late seating in Epcot several times an never felt rushed. In fact, on our last one, we were basically the only ones in WS after we got done eating, and it was a beautiful thing to see. We ended up meeting up with a very international group of CMs on the way out and they danced and sang with us the whole way. It's one of my kids' favorite WDW experiences.

LandFan
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
We ate at Le Cellier very late once and were there after park closing finishing up. The servers were GREAT! They just asked us and the one other remaining couple where we were going and they told us to take our time walking out and they had transportation waiting for us at our bus stops! Buses all to ourselves!! It was kind of cool we had the park to ourselves at night and it was beautiful - they radioed to each other as we moved towards the exit to let people know we were on our way out.

MrPeetrie
05-16-2012, 11:32 PM
My DW and I had late dining at Bistro de Paris. We had window seat and we were encouraged to watch Illuminations before having our dessert. It was one of the best dining experiences we've had on property.

On the other hand...
Last October, we were in Epcot during an evening EMH night. Illuminations was just starting and DD was hungry and so we went to the new Italian restaurant for a late meal. (Tutto Italiano or something.) The manager was at the door. As we approached, he proclaimed very loudly, "When the fireworks are over, we're closed!"
We asked if we could still get pizza and be seated. The hostess looked to the manager. There was a long pause, then they sat us. A few minutes later, a CM, who appeared to have some authority, approached the manager and said something to him quietly.
"For what!?" he yelled back. "Six people?"
"Stay open for another 30 minutes then you can close," the CM said.
The staff quickly removed all the table settings around us and closed that section down except for our table.
"Do you think they're trying to tell us something?" my wife asked.
It was a very uncomfortable dining moment in Disney.