PDA

View Full Version : UY Add-on Question

VWL Mom
05-14-2012, 07:37 AM
With Disney seemingly cutting back on room discounts we've decided it makes sense to buy more points. Looking around at VWL add-ons it seems that an Aug UY is a lot less expensive ($18-20 on some sites) than Sept UY. There are also quite a few Aug resales than Sept so I'm guessing it's supply and demand.

It is my understanding that if I do find a Sept UY it is added to my current membership but if I go for an August UY it would be a new membership. Is this correct?

For anyone with 2 UY's, how difficult is it to book using 2 contracts? Are you allowed to transfer from one membership to another in the same year or would that count as 2 transactions to one member?

Thanks for any help you can give.

PlutoPlanet
05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
We have 2 contracts. It is a little awkward. We cannot move points. We make separate vacations. Since we like to do a split stay, it's okay for us. We are tied to the school calendar, so we can plan in advance.

VWL Mom
05-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like I should keep looking for the elusive Sept UY.

Hammer
05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, it is elusive to get a September UY. I finally found one, but it was at OKW (my first contract is at SSR). Not an issue for me as I only book at the 7 month mark.

VWL Mom
06-19-2012, 03:37 PM
I was able to find my Sept UY and it's for another 150 points at VWL :cloud9:

Just found out we passed RoFR at a great price. So excited!

Yo Mickey!
06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
i have a question. the use year info is good stuff. we just bought bwv for our first dvc purchase. our UY is october. we plan to also buy bcv as a surprise for the kids this Christmas. should i be looking for an october UY for bcv or will it not matter since it is a different resort?

thanks for any help on this one!

VWL Mom
06-20-2012, 01:44 PM
The info that was given me was to basically stick with one UY to make life easier which in your case would be October. This was it will be added to your existing membership number, otherwise you will get a new member number for the new contract. Each resort will still maintain their 11/7 month individual status but at 7 months if everything is on one contract you can pool them all together.

I came across some great information while looking and deciding about my offer, etc. If your interested I can PM you the 3 links I have.

Butters
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
The info that was given me was to basically stick with one UY to make life easier which in your case would be October. This was it will be added to your existing membership number, otherwise you will get a new member number for the new contract. Each resort will still maintain their 11/7 month individual status but at 7 months if everything is on one contract you can pool them all together.

I came across some great information while looking and deciding about my offer, etc. If your interested I can PM you the 3 links I have.

Would you mind PM me the links also we just bought SSR with august UY and may consider another purchase next year

Yo Mickey!
06-20-2012, 04:34 PM

yes please...and thank you!