PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Parade Comparison

MrPeetrie
05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
When we were in WDW last October, we saw the Pixar Parade in Hollywood Studios. It was just ok, but nothing to write home about. Three of the floats were the exact same, except for the painting. I didn't think it was very creative or imaginative. To be honest, I thought it was a short-term solution because something better might be in the works. That was my rationale.

Searching around YouTube, I recently saw the Disneyland version. WOW!!!! It looks amazing! The floats are so creative and spectacular. Each float was unique. The choreography was very engaging. The costumes were better. I couldn't believe the difference. Why the discrepency? It always appears to me -- if the same or similar production is in both places -- the more creative efforts are in Disneyland, while the more utilitarian efforts are in WDW. Does anyone else share that opinion? And does anyone else think the DHS version of the parade is really a poor effort?

TheHD
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
It always appears to me -- if the same or similar production is in both places -- the more creative efforts are in Disneyland, while the more utilitarian efforts are in WDW. Does anyone else share that opinion? And does anyone else think the DHS version of the parade is really a poor effort?

I can't speak for the parade, as I haven't seen the one in Disneyland, but I agree with you that if both Disneyland and WDW have similar attractions, the better ones are in Disneyland. Things that come to mind are Space Mountain, Speedway, Indiana Jones vs. Dinosaur, the Matterhorn (although not at WDW), Pirates, and I'm sure some others that I can't think of. The only one that I can think of that's better at WDW would be Tower of Terror. The Disneyland version simply just goes up and down without going through the hotel "pre-drop show".

Maybe this is because Disneyland is limited on space and needs to ensure they create more "bang for their buck"?

But in my opinion, you are not alone in thinking that Disneyland's attractions are "better" than WDWs. With that said, I'll take WDW over Disneyland any day.

MrPeetrie
05-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I can't speak for the parade, as I haven't seen the one in Disneyland, but I agree with you that if both Disneyland and WDW have similar attractions, the better ones are in Disneyland. Things that come to mind are Space Mountain, Speedway, Indiana Jones vs. Dinosaur, the Matterhorn (although not at WDW), Pirates, and I'm sure some others that I can't think of. The only one that I can think of that's better at WDW would be Tower of Terror. The Disneyland version simply just goes up and down without going through the hotel "pre-drop show".

Maybe this is because Disneyland is limited on space and needs to ensure they create more "bang for their buck"?

But in my opinion, you are not alone in thinking that Disneyland's attractions are "better" than WDWs. With that said, I'll take WDW over Disneyland any day.

I agree with your assessment all the way around. The attractions you named were the exact same ones I was implying. And, like your final statement, I too prefer WDW to Disneyland nonetheless.