PDA

View Full Version : recent Epcot or DHS experiences

Crow
05-13-2012, 12:47 PM
just booked a trip for May 29..first 3 nites WL CL and i booked CG and will do AP one nite..
but last 2 nights are at the Dolphin so i need recent reviews for places in Epcot & DHS since i havent been there since March 2011
I have eaten at all the countries in Epcot over the years and I plan on gettting Tables in Wonderland for the 20%. she doesnt eat much.usually more like chicken, fingers ...pixxa,nachos.
I like TD which is where we ate last time,atmosphere at San ANgel..she likes taco bell mexican but we did eat there our first trip.
she mentioned Fish & Chips which i love and we tried last time. We ate pixxa at VN and it was great.
DHS i dont eat there as much, but previous trips have tried SCIFI, Mama, 50s, Brown Derby.
so I have 2 nights to fill

Zippy 1
05-14-2012, 02:37 AM
We loved 50's Prime Time Cafe when we were there in February. We had a blast and the food was good too.:mickey:

Crow
05-14-2012, 11:18 AM
yea Im thinking she may like that, the type of food and all. Ive only eaten there once yrs ago. She would probably like the shakes or ice cream, chicken. I think that will be on my list for DHS

dizneydeb22
05-14-2012, 01:07 PM
We also love '50's Prime Time. We eat there about every other trip. Fun atmosphere and really good food.

Enjoy!

CanadaLovesDisney
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
This past February we tried Mama Melrose for the first time - really great food and atmosphere!

Crow
05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
glad Mamas was good..been a few trips since last time and i dont remember it as good as previously. I eat more in Epcot, thats why i need more help w DHS eating. think i only did CS there even only once.

Kairi_7378
05-14-2012, 09:02 PM
We have an odd strategy for DHS... We will usually cover it over two days. On one day, we get there for opening, stay until one or so, then park hop to Epcot or the resort. On the other visit, we eat an early CS dinner at Epcot, then hop to DHS for Fantasmic, evening rides on TOT and photos with the hat, etc.

I have also been intrigued by the hot dogs on the menu on Fairfax Faire, so that might be a possibility on our next trip.

AgentC
05-14-2012, 11:40 PM
I travel with a group of picky eaters (adults and children).

At DHS I have had success at 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci Fi Cafe.

At Epcot, Les Chefs de France (lunchtime with Remy) was popular with everyone. We have done lunch at Akerhaus which is also okay. My husband and I enjoy the pizza at Via Napoli. My kids don't but they were happy with pasta. Nine Dragons was not my favorite but the kids enjoyed it.

The Dolphin and the Swan have several good places to eat and many of them take TIW. I had a good experience at Il Munino.

For burgers and ice cream, Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club is always nice. It take TIW too.

Crow
05-15-2012, 12:12 AM
pixxa is my fav food and i found that Via had about the best I have had
never ate at Il Mulino..most things i read said it wasnt too good.
never ate at Beaches and Cream either..might b a possiblility

Crow
05-15-2012, 12:14 AM
just looked at Fairfax menu..those hot dogs do look interesting