PDA

View Full Version : Wild Africa Trek

MargaretMessler
05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know what the cost of this adventure is? It sounds really cool and I would definitely look into it for my next trip, dependent on price. Planning on September 2013, if that makes a difference

joanna71985
05-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately, WAT is pretty pricy. It starts at $189 per person (and could go up to $249 during peak seasons).

gerald72
05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Since we are on the subject-
Do you need Animal Kingdom admission, and is there a weight limit?

Strmchsr
05-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Do you need Animal Kingdom admission, and is there a weight limit?

Yes and 310 lbs.

casey@bat
05-12-2012, 09:42 PM
What is it?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
From the Disney website:

Join the ultimate animal adventure! Journey deep into Pangani Forest on a thrilling, privately guided expedition featuring close encounters with exotic wildlife species. Get closer than you ever dreamed possible to Nile crocodiles and massive hippos. Venture on to a VIP safari across an open savanna teeming with native African creatures!

Adventurers are fitted with an expedition harness that attaches to an overhead track. Once your group reaches the riverbank, get a stunning look at the hippos, just 10 feet below. After a seemingly precarious trek across a rope bridge dangling over a throng of enormous crocodiles, experience another unbelievable view as you hang over the crocs' riverbed lair!

Enjoy a brief hike onto a sweeping African savanna for a VIP safari, including a visit to an exclusive safari camp with incredible views of everything from towering giraffe to powerful rhinos.

MargaretMessler
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, WAT is pretty pricy. It starts at $189 per person (and could go up to $249 during peak seasons).

Bummer. :( I don't think that's going to fit into the budget at all. Though it is about what I was expecting (insurance and all, much like other up close and personal with animals type experiences). At least we are going during value season for one of our trips, so it would presumably be more like $189.

Thanks for the info! WDW website was no help.