PDA

View Full Version : Best days for each park

brad817
05-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Are the day of the week recommendations on this site true as far as hitting the lightest crowds at each of the parks? Should you always avoid EMH days to see lower crowds? What about special event days like Mickey's Christmas Party at MK?

Disdaddy
05-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Most people say to avoid parks on early opening days but I like to go early on those days. If the park opens at 8 you can do a lot of attractions by 11.

j2k
05-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Most people say to avoid parks on early opening days but I like to go early on those days. If the park opens at 8 you can do a lot of attractions by 11.

That will be my strategy. The early bird catches the worm... :secret:

texas211
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
We do a different park other than the emh. Sundays we've had great luck at Magic.

Disdaddy
05-12-2012, 11:41 PM
That will be my strategy. The early bird catches the worm... :secret:

We love eating lunch at Columbia Harbor House at about 11 then head back to Fort Widerness to relax for a while unless we have a fastpass near that time then go back at night. When we're walking out of Magic Kingdom around 11:30 or 12:00 it seems like there's still a ton of people coming in.

TikiGoddess
05-13-2012, 06:39 AM
I think EMH mornings are not recommended because most people do not get up early enough to take advantage of them. If you are sure you can get to the park before 8am, then it's totally worth it. That first hour or two in the parks -- awesome. Then it's recommended that you park-hop later in the day (around lunch) when the park will be more crowded than usual.

We gave up doing EMH mornings. With kids it's easier to make rope drop at normal opening time.

Kathy

Nascfan
05-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I echo what Kathy said just above, if you can get there at or before the EMH opening, you can do just about everything in the first couple hours. Then I highly recommend getting out of there and park hopping to a different park later.

Also, we've found that if you can, go to a park the morning after their evening EMH. As a lot of people had taken advantage of that the night before, and there seems to be almost no one there the next morning.

Bottom line, it really depends on your family. If you can get there early and hop later, morning EMH can work out great.

brad817
05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks. We usually have gone for EMH in the morning but are thinking of a different strategy, especially since we probably won't be park hopping. Might have to coordinate around going the day after night EMH.

AJ Springfield
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
We are planning MK for the day AFTER evening EMH. I hope the plan that guests will be tired will help us to experience lighter than average crowds.

Disney Doll
05-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Like others have said, the most important consideration for avoiding crowds is time of day not day of the week. Any early morning is usually great! I know it's hard to wake up early on vacation, but it's so worth it. We usually hit all the popular stuff early, lunch about 11, and then head out. We come back after dinner to hit the less popular things that are always easy to do.

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
We do a different park other than the emh. Sundays we've had great luck at Magic.

I once read that the best day to visit the Magic Kingdom is Sunday morning :mickey:

darthmacho
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Epcot seems to be busy Friday and Saturday evenings, probably because of all the drinking and dining options for the weekend. I have no numbers to back up my theory.

j2k
05-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I once read that the best day to visit the Magic Kingdom is Sunday morning :mickey:

I'm giving MK a try on Sunday morning for our trip. If it's too crowded we'll hop to a different park.