PDA

View Full Version : Can you order more food at Akershus?

mom2morgan
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
The information seems to indicate that you could finish your entree and request another. This seems really odd to me since you order off the menu and they are plated meals...but my husband is sure hoping it's true!

A Big Kid
05-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes. You can. You can eat off the koltbort (buffet), eat entrees or both.

Davy Crockett
05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Is that for lunch and dinner as well?
We've done breakfast twice, but this year we have an ADR for dinner.

Crow
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
back when it was a good place to eat, u could go to the Koldbort as much as you wanted, then ask for more of the hot entrees they would bring.,
then after the Princesses invaded i remember still having the Koldbort..but they said one hot entree.
unless they changed it back

TinkerbellT421
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
back when it was a good place to eat, u could go to the Koldbort as much as you wanted, then ask for more of the hot entrees they would bring.,
then after the Princesses invaded i remember still having the Koldbort..but they said one hot entree.
unless they changed it back

That's strange because we had "all we could eat" family style type where we were not limited to "how many" we could have. And that was for Princess Breakfast. Just two trips ago.

AgentC
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
That's strange because we had "all we could eat" family style type where we were not limited to "how many" we could have. And that was for Princess Breakfast. Just two trips ago.

I think the difference is breakfast versus lunch/dinner. I have done all three and this is my experience

Buffet portion is all you can eat for all meals

Breakfast is family style plated. Everyone gets the same thing. You do not order a specific dish and there is not a limit on refills.

Lunch/dinner entrees and plated and specifically ordered just like any other restaurant. There are no refills. Dessert is a family style platter. They will bring extra dessert if requested.

When we did breakfast we did ask for refills. We found at lunch and dinner that the buffet, plus entree, plus dessert was more than enough food for most of us. :)

JerseyDad
05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
...not sure what the policy is now...but I really miss the dining experience there prior to the "Princess Dining". (which...we don't do)

We had some of the best eating experiences there. The selections of cold buffet items were really tasty...and the hot entrees were very interesting...and yes you could ask for as many as you wanted.

I really...REALLY miss the Poached Cod with the Horseradish Mashed Potatoes...as well as the Braised Lamb and Cabbage and the Venison Stew.

...I'm hungry now!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
...not sure what the policy is now...but I really miss the dining experience there prior to the "Princess Dining". (which...we don't do)

We had some of the best eating experiences there. The selections of cold buffet items were really tasty...and the hot entrees were very interesting...and yes you could ask for as many as you wanted.

I really...REALLY miss the Poached Cod with the Horseradish Mashed Potatoes...as well as the Braised Lamb and Cabbage and the Venison Stew.

...I'm hungry now!!Same here. The Smorgasborg was awesome. :thumbsup:

Crow
05-12-2012, 01:57 PM
thats good at least you can have more of the hots...
i do miss the preprincess too....i dont go there now. used to be one of my favs

JerseyDad
05-12-2012, 06:47 PM
thats good at least you can have more of the hots...
i do miss the preprincess too....i dont go there now. used to be one of my favs

....yes--the pre-princess days were very good. I wonder if they still have the big dessert cookies that the kids can "paint" with colored gel's and chocolate sauce?

frakers
05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Count our family among those who miss the old Akershus. It was our favorite place by far...before. Having young boys, being subjected to the princesses is definitely NOT a plus for us. We continue to go there on occasion but it bothers us every time that Norway is the only place at Epcot that had it's country's restaurant taken over by characters and the prices jacked up because of it, sooo not cool.

finaldynasty
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I've only eatin breakfast at Akershus once in 2008 or 09...the food was good not great..when did the princesses invade this dining experience?